The S pen

par far

Jan 5, 2018
Visit site
On my Note 8, for some reason I cannot add 10 shortcuts, I have 9 shortcuts and whenever I go to add the 10th shortcut, I get the message "can't add more than 10 shortcuts" but I only have 9 shortcuts. I do have a empty white circle but it won't let me add the 10th shortcut. Please help.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
So you go here to add the shortcuts right? I just tested mine and added ten.
2120989cd4585ba7e6a2fb9f8d7d3b10.jpg

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I may be missing something, but it might help folks to know which Launcher you are using. Also are you trying to add these shortcuts to your home screen, to a group/folder on your home screen, to a side panel? A little more information may help.

BigRedGonzo

JPR45

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
I may be missing something, but it might help folks to know which Launcher you are using. Also are you trying to add these shortcuts to your home screen, to a group/folder on your home screen, to a side panel? A little more information may help.

BigRedGonzo
The original question was for adding shortcuts to the s-pen, air command launcher, using Samsung note 8. The application, if we can call it that, is supposed to allow a total of 10 shortcuts, used for quick access to application or s-pen functions. I use the stock TouchWiz launcher. Some of us can only add 9 shortcuts.

par far

Jan 5, 2018
Visit site
I also could only add 9 shortcuts, just curious which service provider do you use, I'm on Verizon.

I am with Fido(in Canada) but I bought my phone unlocked, I never checked before but when I looked closely, I found out that I can only add 9.

Javid52

Feb 25, 2018
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same problem on my unlocked Galaxy Note 8. Please help. I think this issue is not related to service providers.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Verizon, just looked into this. Turns out I had 8(never really know, only use 4) I can get to 9 but not 10. Eh. Oh well. Like I said, I really only use 4, can't see having 9 instead of 10 as being a real life problem

anon(10428962)

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site
I found a solution for this. I also can't add more than 9 shortcuts on air command. But now I can add 10. Go to settings> apps> tap 3 dot submenu on the upper right hand corner > tap show system apps> then go to the about S pen and air command > clear the catche from storage.
It's worked for me hope it would work for others as well.

Mumtahena

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site
I found a solution for this. I also can't add more than 9 shortcuts on air command. But now I can add 10. Go to settings> apps> tap 3 dot submenu on the upper right hand corner > tap show system apps> then go to the about S pen and air command > clear the catche from storage.

Mumtahena

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site

JPR45

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
This worked for me also, thank you much . I wonder how many other things that aren't working exactly like they should, are affected by cache junk in systems apps??

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I know it didn't seem to matter, but I'm on VZW. Just checked and I have 10 set. But I think I had them all set within the first couple of weeks after I got the N8, before the cache had a chance to really grow. Curious now too how many or apps are affected by the size of their caches.