I paid off my Note 8 from Verizon. Is it possible to make it stock without the Verizon locks like how they block Samsung cloud and some of the power management features?
    03-01-2018 05:20 PM
    What power management do they block?
    03-01-2018 05:28 PM
    It's like the ram management one and I think the apps power management I've seen it on The mobile devices but not Verizon. and the definitely block Samsung cloud
    03-01-2018 05:32 PM
    they block the optimization button. and the ability to set a restart schedule also
    03-01-2018 05:36 PM
    can you not request an unlock code from them since it is paid off?
    here in Europe you request it from the carrier who then get it from Samsung, usually takes 2 weeks, not sure if it works the same in the US though and you are also snapdragon which could be another restriction
    03-01-2018 06:15 PM
    can you not request an unlock code from them since it is paid off?
    here in Europe you request it from the carrier who then get it from Samsung, usually takes 2 weeks, not sure if it works the same in the US though and you are also snapdragon which could be another restriction
    When I inquired about it with Verizon they told me all there devices are unlocked. Im pretty sure they had no clue what I was talking about.
    03-01-2018 06:49 PM
    Try getiing BK Disabler app. You can disable anything you want
    03-01-2018 08:23 PM
    How would you disable the blocking of samsung cloud?
    03-01-2018 08:36 PM
    Just like how carriers can add bloat, they can also remove software features on their branded devices. Sometimes they just bury access to them by removing menu access (meaning sometimes there's a workaround with a special app designed to access them again), and sometimes they remove those features completely. In either case, they are not something the carrier is going to give back when paying off the phone. By "unlocking" a phone, they mean you can take it to other carriers, not unlocking hidden features that may not even exist on your version.

For the RAM management issue, just ignore that. Android is designed to keep RAM full, and arbitrarily killing off apps with these gimmicks only results in that free RAM being re-occupied in the background again. You didn't save anything. All you did was cause more battery use by killing and then initializing apps. If you have a run away RAM usage problem, it's best to deal with that app directly, not talking a shotgun approach.
    03-01-2018 08:51 PM
    Just like how carriers can add bloat, they can also remove software features on their branded devices. Sometimes they just bury access to them by removing menu access (meaning sometimes there's a workaround with a special app designed to access them again), and sometimes they remove those features completely. In either case, they are not something the carrier is going to give back when paying off the phone. By "unlocking" a phone, they mean you can take it to other carriers, not unlocking hidden features that may not even exist on your version.

For the RAM management issue, just ignore that. Android is designed to keep RAM full, and arbitrarily killing off apps with these gimmicks only results in that free RAM being re-occupied in the background again. You didn't save anything. All you did was cause more battery use by killing and then initializing apps. If you have a run away RAM usage problem, it's best to deal with that app directly, not talking a shotgun approach.
    Yeah i know all there phones are carrier unlocked. No ram issues at all. I stopped looking at my ram years ago.. I was just wondering if there was a way to get the features back Verizon disabled. I figured there wasn't.
    03-01-2018 11:49 PM
    When I inquired about it with Verizon they told me all there devices are unlocked. Im pretty sure they had no clue what I was talking about.
    They are correct. Verizon phones are SIM unlocked. What your are talking about is the OS/firmware. You need to flash a non-Verizon ROM.
    03-02-2018 12:48 AM
    They are correct. Verizon phones are SIM unlocked. What your are talking about is the OS/firmware. You need to flash a non-Verizon ROM.
    That's what I was asking them and they had no clue. They even sent me a link to a customer complaint forum on how Verizon disabled features lol
    03-02-2018 07:23 AM