Note 8 owner (1 replacement and 1 repaired-battery died after 30days). Note 7. Note 5 (3 different replacements) Samsung customer service has lied, blantantly. Put me on hold many time and left me there. Hung up on me. Talked incessantly, rudely. Change stories after being put on hold. I could go on and on. This last go around I sent my brand new Note 8 in because it died. Before I sent it to them for repair, I told them that before it died the screen was not responding properly.
    I received their email with directions on how to send it in for repair. It told me to remove everything unless there was a problem with the screen. If there is a screen problem then I should leave the screen protector on. I was also supposed to recieve update on when it will be returned and what was the issue.
    My phone came back with no info updates. The note in the box said my battery was replaced, nothing else. No explanation as to why my $40 Zagg screen protector is missing.
    When I called I was told I did not follow directions.
    Called several more time until one person who had a conscious actually tried to escalate this for me. He hit 2/3 "I did not follow direction" even after reading their email back to them. Finally he talked the highest person he could go to and I was sent to some elevated customer care person who proceeded to tell me I didn't follow directions. After a go around with her she said she would send me a S Pen to make up for my lost screen protector and should get it within the week. That was 3 weeks ago.
    I just now and was told "it hasn't left their facility" wait for some to contact you.
    No, I want info now, I'm 5 hours into this at a minimum, I told him. He comes back to our call to tell me I should receive it by next week.
    I ask, I thought you told me I didn't leave your facility. His response was more waste of my time.
    Lying for Samsung is like breathing.
    03-08-2018 02:04 PM
    Samsung is great unless you need their customer service. I don't know how other manufacturers customer service is, but I sure read a lot of bad things about Samsung customer service. I take that back, Apple has good customer service.
    03-08-2018 02:18 PM
    Have you tried a Samsung repair shop nearby?
    03-08-2018 09:40 PM
    buy something else. I'm really thinking of going to the next gen pixel, if it has wireless charging it's a done deal. Samsung's updates and lack of cs had finally made me done.
    03-09-2018 12:18 AM
    Since it wasn't the screen, you should have removed the Zagg. That's probably the first thing they did - removed it and trashed it.

But, as trucksmoveamerica said, their customer service would have to get a lot better before it could be called non-existent. What you got (and I've run customer service departments at times) was the "who wants to be the supervisor" scam. No one there can elevate anything, and their instructions are deliberately meant to be so misleading that no matter what you do, you didn't follow them.

That's only one of the reasons I did like Dooki and left Samsung. (My Note 3? Replaced a few times by AT&T. According to Samsung ... er, I don't speak Korean and I got yelled ar in what sounded like Korean, so I gave up.)
    03-09-2018 03:53 PM