What is this Note lag they talk about?

Centerman66

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I have had my S8+ for 6 months. I use 3 Office365 accounts syncing calendars and contacts in addition to a ton of mail. I have 4 imap accounts too. Have about 200 apps. No lag in the least.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Yes if you don't restrart the device periodically, I restart every morning, it could begin to stutter and/or lag but this is not specific to just the N8. Your home PC or Mac if left running for a long period of time between restarts will exhibit the same symptoms. So no, my N8 does not lag or stutter.

Yelp. I turn mine off every night and leave it off til i get out of the shower.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes if you don't restrart the device periodically[.] I restart every morning[.] it could begin to stutter and/or lag but this is not specific to just the N8
I restart my Note8 only when the firmware updates, which is every month or two. It does not stutter or lag.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I've yet to encounter any lag on this phone. I have it set to restart once per week on Wednesday night, not sure if that really helps but it's been running smooth since I got it

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
How does running at max performance help extend battery life?
Not sure as I've read that several times here and tried max performance for a couple days on several occasions and every time, my battery life was worse. I'm using power saving mode mid customized and have been since launch weekend with no lag whatsoever but I know how to run my phone so it doesn't "lag" (I think most that claim to have lag really don't know the meaning of it because specific apps can make it appear your phone is lagging when it's just an issue with the app and not the phone itself lagging) Guess I'm a liar, too.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Not sure as I've read that several times here and tried max performance for a couple days on several occasions and every time, my battery life was worse. I'm using power saving mode mid customized and have been since launch weekend with no lag whatsoever but I know how to run my phone so it doesn't "lag" (I think most that claim to have lag really don't know the meaning of it because specific apps can make it appear your phone is lagging when it's just an issue with the app and not the phone itself lagging) Guess I'm a liar, too.
Ditto. 100% nail on the head.

I am the same.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I haven't noticed any lag on either of my Note 8's but then again I did uninstall and disable some of the bloat right of the bat. It may be lagging but if it is I can't see it. ...just smooth liquidy sliqness. Love these phones.

gregg6942

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
ALL phones stutter and lag from time to time. Don't believe when people say their note 8 doesn't stutter or lag, they're more than likely lying. My note 8 stuttered, my 2 xl stutters , my iPhone X stuttered from time to time, same with my 7+ and 8. If you can grab a used one even better.

Have you tried swappa to find a used note 8? Or maybe you can grab a s9+ since it's basically a note 8 without the spen and cheaper.

#1 Enough with the name calling. I have no lag, I do not care if you believe it or not, but I won't stoop to be calling you names unlike you.
#2 The S9+ and the Note8 are not "basically" the same , read up on them both on your service provider page or a Samsung site, not some stranger online.

MooMooPrincess

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
#1 Enough with the name calling. I have no lag, I do not care if you believe it or not, but I won't stoop to be calling you names unlike you.
#2 The S9+ and the Note8 are not "basically" the same , read up on them both on your service provider page or a Samsung site, not some stranger online.
Man hit dogs sure do holler. If it don't apply let it fly. Nor did I call anyone a name. Lying is an action not an adjective.

There is a huge distinction between lying and a liar.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Man hit dogs sure do holler. If it don't apply let it fly. Nor did I call anyone a name. Lying is an action not an adjective.

There is a huge distinction between lying and a liar.
Well, these Note 8's are halo device's ...and to some, they're hallowed. "You dis my phone you dis me, my Precious don't be lagg'n" kinda thing. ☺ All in good fun.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Mod Note: let's make sure we are discussing the topic and not each other. Thank you!
PUPPAH Doggo agrees

Be nice to each other, we should.
3cb9801021a41a9d25bdb15bc093ea15.jpg