Noticing a great deal on the Samsung site.. effectively ache to pick up a new note 8 on T-Mobile for just $550.

Just wondering if anybody is using the TM version and how it is holding up after so many months?

I spent the last few weeks running an unlocked version I purchased through best buy but I think it had terrible battery.

This offer seems amazing but wondering if the battery on the T-Mobile version seems better or worsr, if there is much carrier bloatware and how is all looking when it comes to lag.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks
    03-09-2018 06:09 PM
    You used a demo unit that's on all the time and manhandled by hundreds of people.. Yeah, it won't hold up as good as a normal phone. No lag here, battery life is the same (if not better after a couple updates) since I got it. Still good.
    03-09-2018 06:51 PM
    You used a demo unit that's on all the time and manhandled by hundreds of people.. Yeah, it won't hold up as good as a normal phone. No lag here, battery life is the same (if not better after a couple updates) since I got it. Still good.
    Huh? I don't follow. I have been using an unlocked version I bought from Bestbuy and was talking about buying an unlocked version from Tmobile. I haven't touched a demo model
    03-09-2018 07:39 PM
    Ah, sorry, my mind skimmed-read that and thought you meant using a best buy unit in store, not purchased. My bad. That being said, what was your battery life? It shouldn't be that different from the T-mobile version, unless you have a bad unit. Most people can get through a day with moderate/heavy usage. I get around 5ish hours of SOT on a normal day, and up to 10 if constantly running.
    03-09-2018 07:46 PM
    Ah, sorry, my mind skimmed-read that and thought you meant using a best buy unit in store, not purchased. My bad. That being said, what was your battery life? It shouldn't be that different from the T-mobile version, unless you have a bad unit. Most people can get through a day with moderate/heavy usage. I get around 5ish hours of SOT on a normal day, and up to 10 if constantly running.
    I was getting shocking battery life coming from an iPhone X. I'd take it off the charger and use it for some light browsing, WhatsApp etc. It would be down to 80% within an hour. I'd lose the first 4% within maybe five mins.
    I wondered if it is better to go with a carrier version because they're better optimised for the network they serve on android or if that is actually a bad idea and the opposite is true because they stick a load of extra stuff in there
    03-09-2018 07:50 PM
    TMobile versions are fairly light in the apps and changes. they don't mess with the settings and only add their apps and they can be disabled. the battery difference is a fluke as they use the same bands and nothing is modified. however, you will not get RCS on the unlocked version or the TMobile video calling but Google duo is WAY better for that.
    03-10-2018 01:58 AM
    Huh? I don't follow. I have been using an unlocked version I bought from Bestbuy and was talking about buying an unlocked version from Tmobile. I haven't touched a demo model
    T-Mobile doesn't have an unlocked version. Besides, the only real difference between unlocked and carrier specific models is software. Hardwarewise they are identical.
    03-10-2018 10:39 AM
    TMobile versions are fairly light in the apps and changes. they don't mess with the settings and only add their apps and they can be disabled. the battery difference is a fluke as they use the same bands and nothing is modified. however, you will not get RCS on the unlocked version or the TMobile video calling but Google duo is WAY better for that.
    RCS?
    03-10-2018 11:11 AM
    I have unlocked using on T-Mobile and I get around 5 and half hours SOT consistently. recently I enabled data saver in settings which will make apps sync less frequently and will see how it goes.
    03-10-2018 11:16 AM
    RCS?
    Rich Communications Service. It's the next big thing in texting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich...ation_Services
    03-10-2018 11:36 AM
    Rich Communications Service. It's the next big thing in texting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich...ation_Services
    Whenever I hear the phrase 'next big thing', I think of i-mode
    03-10-2018 01:03 PM
    I have a T-mobile Note 8 and have had 0 problems with it. I found it's best to run their version on the network so that you don't miss out on features like Wi-Fi Calling, Visual Voicemail and OTA software updates. Their units aren't as bloated as some of the other carriers and they don't disable phone features like some of the competition.
    03-10-2018 10:16 PM
    I have a T-mobile Note 8 and have had 0 problems with it. I found it's best to run their version on the network so that you don't miss out on features like Wi-Fi Calling, Visual Voicemail and OTA software updates. Their units aren't as bloated as some of the other carriers and they don't disable phone features like some of the competition.
    I have WiFi calling and I can download the VM app. Actually I can download any of their apps. But I use Google voice for voicemail.

If you want video calling duo is far superior.

Updates are the only place where TMobile does fairly good compared to unlocked.
    03-10-2018 10:54 PM
    I HATE demo units! Laggy, crippled and they have the stupid security cable on it as well.

Since wifi calling works with tmobile and unlocked samsungs I'll likely buy unlocked for Note 9. People say without the bloatware and such that they run better than carrier versions.
    03-12-2018 02:11 AM