DST Wrong on Time/Weather Widget...

Phanendar BN

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
It eventually fixes itself after a few hours. Just give it some time. Happens every time change.

Waiting doesn't seem to be a solution. It's already more than 24 hrs and nothing works... Clearing cache, force stopping etc... Did any one find a solution yet? Stupid widget by Samsung... They make great products and put it to shame with such silly mistakes...

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Waiting doesn't seem to be a solution. It's already more than 24 hrs and nothing works... Clearing cache, force stopping etc... Did any one find a solution yet? Stupid widget by Samsung... They make great products and put it to shame with such silly mistakes...
Is not a problem with the phone. It's a problem with a couple widgets. If you look at the actual time on the lock screen and upper right, you'll see they are correct.

This happens twice a year. It'll happen again on Nov 4, 2018.

ann horton

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
something to look forward to

Is not a problem with the phone. It's a problem with a couple widgets. If you look at the actual time on the lock screen and upper right, you'll see they are correct.

This happens twice a year. It'll happen again on Nov 4, 2018.

... I guess I'll wait until then to have the correct time!

steve0483

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
Re: something to look forward to

I had that same issue with my S8 plus. I did as described above, force stop the weather and weather forecast, clear cache, AND cleared data. Went back to home screen, correct time.

Mike Mellen

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site

Ive been having this issue with my S8. I just did a simple fix, however. I deleted the dual "weather and clock" widget that I was using, and replaced it with both the "digital clock" widget and the "weather" widget. Adjust them to the smaller size and it looks the same as the dual widget, only the clock is now correct because it's based on the phones clock and not the weather service clock

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Tried the fixes offered in this thread, none worked.

As of this AM, still not displaying the right time.

Certainly not a problem with the N8, it's the Weather Channel app. The app has the wrong time, and it pushes that data to the widget. An owner can just wait for it to self-correct, or use another weather app and widget.

Shawnwhitt336

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site

Thank god someone else is having this problem man. I got the note 8 and ive literally tried clearing everything ive tried it all. What i dont understand is the time is correct until i add my location.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

Thank god someone else is having this problem man. I got the note 8 and ive literally tried clearing everything ive tried it all. What i dont understand is the time is correct until i add my location.

The Weather Channel app is causing this. Based on location, DST may/may not apply. They need to update. Apparently, twice a year they need some time to update the app, or the supporting data.

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site

Here we are, almost 2 full days later and the widget-app still has not updated the time to allow for DST.
i currently use a Galaxy Note 8, but this little bug has happened twice a year for as long as I have used this pre loaded clock\weather widget on any of my Samsung phones.
As shawnwitt336 noted, if you clear the cache and kill the weather app so that no location is loaded, the time is correct. Once I add my location or any location, the time drops back an hour and once again is incorrect,
As noted previously, this widget is from The Weather Channel, and if you tap on the widget you will notice that the time is correct in the bottom right hand corner on the Weather Channel pages.
I think there used to be a way to change the time settings ON the weather channel pages, if you logged in, but I cannot find that option any longer.
So I guess we have to wait for someone to notice the issue and patch it, update it, whatever.
I have installed another simple clock-weather app to use until its fixed.
(this is a Galaxy app we are talking about, so it is pre loaded onto the phone thru Galaxy Apps and there is no way to uninstall, reinstall the darn thing...at least on my phone)
So, we wait.

Lv2xlr875

Feb 22, 2018
Visit site

I am having the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S8. The weather widget will not update to the correct time

Nadiah96

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site

I have a galaxy s8 and went to the settings them turned off "use current location" and turned it back on. It's fix for now

2ndHalfCor

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I did the same and time reverted to DST as soon as I allowed the app to access location.
I had to change the setting in the weather app, not the phone. Went into the weather app, turned off use location, backed out then went back in a turned it on again. Mine's still working.

spokanechicago

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
I followed instructions from steve0483 and did indeed get the correct time. However, clearing data meant I had to add other cities back in. They did not have the correct time.

sentner

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I had to change the setting in the weather app, not the phone. Went into the weather app, turned off use location, backed out then went back in a turned it on again. Mine's still working.

I tried clearing the data and cache and it worked until I added my location back in as well. I've tried your idea of just turning off location in the app, and that does the same. As soon as I turn it on again and add my current location in it breaks.

Scafmars

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
This morning I sent an email to weather.com and asked them to update their web site for DST. About an hour later the correct time updated when I clicked the little sync under the temp on the widget. Refresh your widget and you should see the correct time now.

johnnyboy20019

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site

I just got off of A Support Chat from Samsung.
I order to get the time correct, you go into Storage, and Clear Cache.
Then go to the in my case, the Weather Widget, and find the Cache and clear it.

That will reset the time to correct time on the widget.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze