Are you prevented from taking screenshot of bank app?

chocokat

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I just Chase mobile app on my note 8. I came from iPhone 7 plus / iOS and in iOS, I think I was not prevented from taking a screenshot of the Chase app. Anyone have this issue? It just says can't take a screenshot due to security policy. Thanks. Currently really loving the note 8.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I am sure they won't change it. Most apps that can contain personal and private info usually have the screen shot feature disabled.
This. The only time I saw this changed in an app to allow screenshots again was on the My Verizon app because that security feature was enabled by mistake with an update and was never meant to be there in the first place. At least that was the official line. It could've been all the public backlash because it prevented people from screenshoting chats for proof when it came to a discrepancy. Lol

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
How come they did not disable screenshot on iOS? Only in android? This is so unfair for android users.

Not sure how it's unfair. I personally see it as a positive feature of Android. It can lead to some frustration, but it is safer.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
it's a security feature, Netflix blocks it for drm. this a a good thing for your security and a cya on their part.

chocokat

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Not sure how it's unfair. I personally see it as a positive feature of Android. It can lead to some frustration, but it is safer.
Well you are still able to take screenshot in chrome app when you go to Chase. Com just not the bank app. So that's a loop hole possible for exploit.

Yea, I think they should allow screenshots since its only prevented in the android App but not the android browser or iOS app or on the desktop. So basically you can screenshot everywhere else other than the android bank App. Or make screenshot not possible everywhere else.

Very annoying for android users.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Well you are still able to take screenshot in chrome app when you go to Chase. Com just not the bank app. So that's a loop hole possible for exploit.

Yea, I think they should allow screenshots since its only prevented in the android App but not the android browser or iOS app or on the desktop. So basically you can screenshot everywhere else other than the android bank App. Or make screenshot not possible everywhere else.

Very annoying for android users.
Banks have every right to control security where they can. If chrome and iOS, and even desktop counterparts don't have the opt-in for banks to disable those functions, that's not an issue with the bank. It's a limitation from those other providers, and it's up to them to change on their own. A bank would have no power to control that.

chocokat

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Yep. I can't decide right now if that is a good thing or inconvenience. I guess it is good for security but I don't like that implies / give the impression that Android is less secure than all other. However, I totally understand it is because the other systems / platforms do not give the app developer this option.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
...I don't like that implies / give the impression that Android is less secure than all other.

At the risk of sounding snarky (and I'm not trying to be, I'm honestly curious), how does this give the impression that Android is less secure? The way I see it, developers having this option makes it more secure.

I guess I would liken it to house windows. One without curtains would allow anyone to look in and see if there's something worth stealing. One with curtains would prevent anyone from looking in, making it more likely a would be burglar would pass it by.

chocokat

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
No that does not sound snarky- you are good :D . I hope I can explain it as best I can: it's like they are saying Android is more prone to security holes therefore there is this implementation that does not exist on all other platforms especially iOS. I love my note 8 and Android I also don't mind iOS either but I wish my experience across both platform especially for apps are more consistent. So, it is only fair they do this to the iOS app as well, sorry if this sounds very childish LMAO..... It feels like this is a punishment for Android users but I do get it is a security feature. hmm... I am still torn.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
No that does not sound snarky- you are good :D . I hope I can explain it as best I can: it's like they are saying Android is more prone to security holes therefore there is this implementation that does not exist on all other platforms especially iOS. I love my note 8 and Android I also don't mind iOS either but I wish my experience across both platform especially for apps are more consistent. So, it is only fair they do this to the iOS app as well, sorry if this sounds very childish LMAO..... It feels like this is a punishment for Android users but I do get it is a security feature. hmm... I am still torn.
Looking at it from another angle, you can look at it as a glaring security hole in iOS and others compared to Android. Especially considering these days iOS is like swiss cheese.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Or in true iOS fashion, just give it a few years for Apple to implement it as well and then promote it as some new great idea? Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34