Note 8 Long-term Speed

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Similar to me mate. Except your notifications, that would give me a sore head. 🤣
LOL, you're correct. Imagine when I pull down the notification panel and see just how many notifications I really have. All this clutter and my Note doesn't miss a beat!

Jrome.brooks

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
His second note 8 is starting to glitch here and there I miss my first one but I cracked both front and back sides also this second note 8 the live msg doesn't work but everything else does I dont know what to do

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
His second note 8 is starting to glitch here and there I miss my first one but I cracked both front and back sides also this second note 8 the live msg doesn't work but everything else does I dont know what to do
Sounds like a Firmware reflash is needed on that one.

If you have never done one yourself, take it to Samsung they can do it in a matter of minutes, back all your important stuff up though.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
It's really nice but also interesting that is is my 1st android phone that hasn't slowed down. Battery life is still great and the Oreo update just made it that much better. The whole phone feels better after the Oreo update but that's just a better thing.

I don't remember if I had much time with android 6 but 7 and especially 8 are showing the hard work that Google has been doing.

Victordeen

Apr 2, 2018
Visit site
I have read almost everybody's reply. I am actually have a lot of issues with my Note 8.
I have had mine since October and recently got the the update to Android 8.0.0 on the 23rd March 2018. My ordeal started 2 days later. I plugged my phone to charge snd it showed an error message. it said that the USB charging Port was wet and should be left to dry. Strange because the phone was as dry as can be. I eventually called technical support and was told to do the partition wipe. This worked just for one day. The phone on the next day gave the message again. I physically took it to a repair center. The guy tried to re install the Android 7.1.1 but was unsuccessful. I have now resorted to charging with a wireless pad. I am not happy at all. I need advise for a permanent solution. Thanks all.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming you are using the official Samsung charger and cable since you just got it.
I would first factory reset it and then reflash Oreo 8.0 using Odin 3.13
it's a known problem and not related to the oreo update as few of us had it since released with 7.1, it isn't critical but very annoying, reflash should fix it is my guess

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I have read almost everybody's reply. I am actually have a lot of issues with my Note 8.
I have had mine since October and recently got the the update to Android 8.0.0 on the 23rd March 2018. My ordeal started 2 days later. I plugged my phone to charge snd it showed an error message. it said that the USB charging Port was wet and should be left to dry. Strange because the phone was as dry as can be. I eventually called technical support and was told to do the partition wipe. This worked just for one day. The phone on the next day gave the message again. I physically took it to a repair center. The guy tried to re install the Android 7.1.1 but was unsuccessful. I have now resorted to charging with a wireless pad. I am not happy at all. I need advise for a permanent solution. Thanks all.
Take it back to where you got it. You should not have to deal with such issues on a $1000 device. My first move with something like that is to always head to HQ and demand they either fix the thing or replace it outright.

The phone is still well within warranty no matter where you are as it's under 12months old.

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a couple of background apps such as Tasker and Glance for Pebble. They occasionally seem to get snoozed even though excluded but other than that the 8 is highly impressive. I'm pretty certain it is an app issue as it happened on the 3 and 4 rather than OS and it is significantly less pronounced and common on the 8.

The 6GB RAM helps it hold that much more in memory so, unless overly aggressive powersaving is in play, your favourite apps are there at a touch.

The only slow apps I have are poorly designed apps, or those that rely on ads from bandwidth throttled sites and I keep them to a minimum.
Zynga you have fun games but they annoy the hell out of me.

I have set mine to reboot early morning on a Sunday since a weekly reboot seems advised but even then Monday morning start-ups are nice and swift. The phone's anyway, my own less so.

Regarding the headphone jack I am glad they moved it to the bottom so I don't have to ensure the case has a cover for it. I lost my Note 3 for 4 months due to the headphone jack filling with water during a sudden rain storm and not outputting sound by any other method as it thought it had headhones in. I can't ever go back to wired after Bluetooth. Door handles are no longer a menace. That's when I got the 4.
On the bottom it is in the right place to use from my desk while the bluetooth set is on charge. I never thought of that before.

DebbieM1023

Apr 8, 2018
Visit site
I am frustrated daily by the lag. Slow page loads, video buffering. I switched from watching the news on network sites to listening to it on Tune In. Now, I have to deal with audio buffer. Phone is 6 months old, Sprint, stock other than Nova. Love the phone otherwise. Thinking about going back to my Note 3. Lol.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I am frustrated daily by the lag. Slow page loads, video buffering. I switched from watching the news on network sites to listening to it on Tune In. Now, I have to deal with audio buffer. Phone is 6 months old, Sprint, stock other than Nova. Love the phone otherwise. Thinking about going back to my Note 3. Lol.

Yours is definitely not the norm.

z0ove

Oct 28, 2017
Visit site
Not to hijack the thread, but can anyone explain why early Samsung phones suffered from increased lag/slowdown over time?
Is not Samsung. This problem is about Android OS cus it will get frangmented eventually. That's why, we have to clear cache, do a regular maintenance and in the worse cases android's phones should get a full factory reset.

Cheers!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01