Keep my Note 8 or get S9+?

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Great question. I am pondering the same. My thoughts are really focused on two things. Do I want to go smaller? I love the Note, but the size is sometimes a drag. I really prefer the smaller S9, but worried about battery life and less memory. Not sure if I will feel a huge difference or downgrade there.

I am not a huge pen use, but sometimes do cut and paste images with it. So that is really not an issue for me.
I might give it a try for the 14 days period...see what my experience is..and go from there.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm ready debating on upgrading today, should I ?
I have a Note 8 I preorder the s9plus. I ended up returning the s9plus for two reasons. I still really enjoy the Note 8 and did not want to let it go. I also could use the down payment money back. Otherwise honestly the S9 plus is an incredible phone

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a Note 8 I preorder the s9plus. I ended up returning the s9plus for two reasons. I still really enjoy the Note 8 and did not want to let it go. I also could use the down payment money back. Otherwise honestly the S9 plus is an incredible phone
Is there anything you really liked more about the S9+ than the Note 8?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Is there anything you really liked more about the S9+ than the Note 8?
Hmm. Well it is VERY smooth, fantastic camera, I like that it's a little bit shorter but has nearly the same screen size and feels a little bit thicker. The case I got for it is great it felt perfect in the hand. It does appear to run very quickly and handle anything I threw at it easily

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Hmm. Well it is VERY smooth, fantastic camera, I like that it's a little bit shorter but has nearly the same screen size and feels a little bit thicker. The case I got for it is great it felt perfect in the hand. It does appear to run very quickly and handle anything I threw at it easily

Which case did you get ?

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I got the S9+ cause i'm just a tech junkie. Also kept my N8 cause I love it to much to let go. If you use the Spen a lot then I wouldn't upgrade. But if not my top reasons to upgrade would be the camera and intelligent scan. Combining both iris and face took care of the issue where it wouldn't work in direct sunlight. Finger print sensor location is hard for me to get use to. I really don't mind the location on my N8. I keep forgetting it's in the center now. The finger print scanner is much faster and set up took literally a half a second! Android O didn't really make a difference, it's the new Samsung experience that shines on the S9+. The stock keyboard and messaging app is 10x better and I can now use all of Samsung's stock apps. They are better optimized than Google's or third party apps. When that comes to my N8 it will be great. AR emoji isn't all that I mainly use the AR emoji GIFs to joke around and creep out my wife. Never had issues with speed or ram on my N8 and the same can be said for the S9+. The 845 is fast. Bottom line is the Spen If you use it a lot then keep the N8. The S9+ to me is just a preview of how much better the Note 9 will be this fall.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
If you think you'll miss the pen at all I wouldn't do it. There's just something special about the note line that keeps me coming back. Everyone and their mother has a S phone.

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I got the S9+ cause i'm just a tech junkie. Also kept my N8 cause I love it to much to let go. If you use the Spen a lot then I wouldn't upgrade. But if not my top reasons to upgrade would be the camera and intelligent scan. Combining both iris and face took care of the issue where it wouldn't work in direct sunlight. Finger print sensor location is hard for me to get use to. I really don't mind the location on my N8. I keep forgetting it's in the center now. The finger print scanner is much faster and set up took literally a half a second! Android O didn't really make a difference, it's the new Samsung experience that shines on the S9+. The stock keyboard and messaging app is 10x better and I can now use all of Samsung's stock apps. They are better optimized than Google's or third party apps. When that comes to my N8 it will be great. AR emoji isn't all that I mainly use the AR emoji GIFs to joke around and creep out my wife. Never had issues with speed or ram on my N8 and the same can be said for the S9+. The 845 is fast. Bottom line is the Spen If you use it a lot then keep the N8. The S9+ to me is just a preview of how much better the Note 9 will be this fall.
Now this was extremely helpful, definitely upgrading now. Thank you! I love the N8 but I haven't used the pen alot.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I got the S9+ but am about to return it, for one reason. The camera is, I think, a step back from Note 8. In particular images are overexposed and I'm seeing less detail in images than with the Note 8. I'm going to give it a few days in hope of a software update that improve the camera. Otherwise it is going back.

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I got the S9+ but am about to return it, for one reason. The camera is, I think, a step back from Note 8. In particular images are overexposed and I'm seeing less detail in images than with the Note 8. I'm going to give it a few days in hope of a software update that improve the camera. Otherwise it is going back.
There is an update on the camera as I was reading news articles out there that mentioned it

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Which case did you get ?
I have since returned it, but here's the case I have.
974b24a5c5f349175123cf232484f700.jpg