03-29-2018 11:24 AM
57 123
tools
    I'm ready debating on upgrading today, should I ?
    03-16-2018 05:50 AM
    Great question. I am pondering the same. My thoughts are really focused on two things. Do I want to go smaller? I love the Note, but the size is sometimes a drag. I really prefer the smaller S9, but worried about battery life and less memory. Not sure if I will feel a huge difference or downgrade there.

I am not a huge pen use, but sometimes do cut and paste images with it. So that is really not an issue for me.
    I might give it a try for the 14 days period...see what my experience is..and go from there.
    03-16-2018 06:03 AM
    I'm ready debating on upgrading today, should I ?
    I have a Note 8 I preorder the s9plus. I ended up returning the s9plus for two reasons. I still really enjoy the Note 8 and did not want to let it go. I also could use the down payment money back. Otherwise honestly the S9 plus is an incredible phone
    03-16-2018 06:10 AM
    I have a Note 8 I preorder the s9plus. I ended up returning the s9plus for two reasons. I still really enjoy the Note 8 and did not want to let it go. I also could use the down payment money back. Otherwise honestly the S9 plus is an incredible phone
    Is there anything you really liked more about the S9+ than the Note 8?
    03-16-2018 06:40 AM
    I love S9+ so far. You can upgrade your device now.
    tadpoles likes this.
    03-16-2018 06:47 AM
    Is there anything you really liked more about the S9+ than the Note 8?
    Hmm. Well it is VERY smooth, fantastic camera, I like that it's a little bit shorter but has nearly the same screen size and feels a little bit thicker. The case I got for it is great it felt perfect in the hand. It does appear to run very quickly and handle anything I threw at it easily
    03-16-2018 06:53 AM
    Hmm. Well it is VERY smooth, fantastic camera, I like that it's a little bit shorter but has nearly the same screen size and feels a little bit thicker. The case I got for it is great it felt perfect in the hand. It does appear to run very quickly and handle anything I threw at it easily
    Which case did you get ?
    03-16-2018 07:28 AM
    any difference in the curved screen compared to the Note 8?
    03-16-2018 07:28 AM
    any difference in the curved screen compared to the Note 8?
    To me it felt less curved, but could be the case maybe, an optical illusion of sorts. Really like the S9Plus.
    03-16-2018 07:35 AM
    I got the S9+ cause i'm just a tech junkie. Also kept my N8 cause I love it to much to let go. If you use the Spen a lot then I wouldn't upgrade. But if not my top reasons to upgrade would be the camera and intelligent scan. Combining both iris and face took care of the issue where it wouldn't work in direct sunlight. Finger print sensor location is hard for me to get use to. I really don't mind the location on my N8. I keep forgetting it's in the center now. The finger print scanner is much faster and set up took literally a half a second! Android O didn't really make a difference, it's the new Samsung experience that shines on the S9+. The stock keyboard and messaging app is 10x better and I can now use all of Samsung's stock apps. They are better optimized than Google's or third party apps. When that comes to my N8 it will be great. AR emoji isn't all that I mainly use the AR emoji GIFs to joke around and creep out my wife. Never had issues with speed or ram on my N8 and the same can be said for the S9+. The 845 is fast. Bottom line is the Spen If you use it a lot then keep the N8. The S9+ to me is just a preview of how much better the Note 9 will be this fall.
    kevinpleasants and kbalaz like this.
    03-16-2018 07:45 AM
    If you think you'll miss the pen at all I wouldn't do it. There's just something special about the note line that keeps me coming back. Everyone and their mother has a S phone.
    msndrstood likes this.
    03-16-2018 10:03 AM
    if you got the cash, why not?

I have to wait until November lol
    03-16-2018 10:29 AM
    I got the S9+ cause i'm just a tech junkie. Also kept my N8 cause I love it to much to let go. If you use the Spen a lot then I wouldn't upgrade. But if not my top reasons to upgrade would be the camera and intelligent scan. Combining both iris and face took care of the issue where it wouldn't work in direct sunlight. Finger print sensor location is hard for me to get use to. I really don't mind the location on my N8. I keep forgetting it's in the center now. The finger print scanner is much faster and set up took literally a half a second! Android O didn't really make a difference, it's the new Samsung experience that shines on the S9+. The stock keyboard and messaging app is 10x better and I can now use all of Samsung's stock apps. They are better optimized than Google's or third party apps. When that comes to my N8 it will be great. AR emoji isn't all that I mainly use the AR emoji GIFs to joke around and creep out my wife. Never had issues with speed or ram on my N8 and the same can be said for the S9+. The 845 is fast. Bottom line is the Spen If you use it a lot then keep the N8. The S9+ to me is just a preview of how much better the Note 9 will be this fall.
    Now this was extremely helpful, definitely upgrading now. Thank you! I love the N8 but I haven't used the pen alot.
    03-16-2018 11:09 AM
    I got the S9+ but am about to return it, for one reason. The camera is, I think, a step back from Note 8. In particular images are overexposed and I'm seeing less detail in images than with the Note 8. I'm going to give it a few days in hope of a software update that improve the camera. Otherwise it is going back.
    03-16-2018 11:14 AM
    Now this was extremely helpful, definitely upgrading now. Thank you! I love the N8 but I haven't used the pen alot.
    Oh I forgot to mention the stereo speakers! Finally they sound great compared to all the previous Samsung flagships.
    Jesus Delgadillo likes this.
    03-16-2018 11:23 AM
    I got the S9+ but am about to return it, for one reason. The camera is, I think, a step back from Note 8. In particular images are overexposed and I'm seeing less detail in images than with the Note 8. I'm going to give it a few days in hope of a software update that improve the camera. Otherwise it is going back.
    There is an update on the camera as I was reading news articles out there that mentioned it
    03-16-2018 11:29 AM
    Oh I forgot to mention the stereo speakers! Finally they sound great compared to all the previous Samsung flagships.
    Do they really sound better than on the note 8 and make a difference that they are in the front?
    03-16-2018 11:30 AM
    Go for it, and see how you feel! If you find that you are not enjoying it, you can always switch back to the Note 8!
    03-16-2018 12:18 PM
    Which case did you get ?
    I have since returned it, but here's the case I have.
    03-16-2018 02:24 PM
    I have since returned it, but here's the case I have. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...232484f700.jpg
    Really? why? I thought you liked it?
    03-16-2018 03:58 PM
    Really? why? I thought you liked it?
    Liked it a lot. But..also like my Note. And liked the $128 down pmt lol
    03-16-2018 06:13 PM
    Liked it a lot. But..also like my Note. And liked the $128 down pmt lol
    Yeah, makes sense. I am still not sure if I am going to switch from note8 yet. I really want something a bit smaller. And I am not a big pen user, so the S9 or S9+ is really tempting.
    03-16-2018 06:35 PM
    Iam at the fence here as well...using Note 8 SINCE oct and love it...I use the S pen at times...
    Does the s9+ has features like smart select and all ...3 things I like in s9+ is camera battery and speakers...just that i have to pay 15k extra Indian rs and then after Note 9 comes out I will be tempted again....I guess I will make my wife upgrade as she is using s7 edge...I will try and control my itch ...
    just a quest what's your best battery life in note 8...I can barely make 12 to 14hrs with 4 hrs sot
    I have exynos version
    03-16-2018 08:20 PM
    Yeah, makes sense. I am still not sure if I am going to switch from note8 yet. I really want something a bit smaller. And I am not a big pen user, so the S9 or S9+ is really tempting.
    The S9+ isn't notably (pardon the pun) smaller than the Note 8. You wouldn't notice the difference, me thinks, unless holding them side by side. For many intents and purposes, they're identically sized. ...from my comparison today.
    jhimmel likes this.
    03-16-2018 09:01 PM
    The S9+ isn't notably (pardon the pun) smaller than the Note 8. You wouldn't notice the difference, me thinks, unless holding them side by side. For many intents and purposes, they're identically sized. ...from my comparison today.
    I had both and just returned my note 8 today. I can definitely tell the difference in size between the two. It isn't dramatic by any means. But you can definitely feel the difference. Especially when I put the S9 plus in my pocket.
    Jesus Delgadillo likes this.
    03-16-2018 11:10 PM
57 123