Note 8 or Note 9

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
My s7 Edge broke, I tired everything. So I am using my old s5. It's slow as hell and the battery life is worse. I was going to TRY to wait until Nov. When my contract is up and bet the Note 9. I then said I was going to wait till Sept. when the Note 9 comes out. This s5 is killing me. Do I get the note 8 now or will the Note 9 be drastically different. I was hoping to get the purple, if they make it in that. Thoughts? TIA

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
could you get a cheaper phone in the interim? i if you really want the 9 and the s5 is not doing to well why not get a $150 moto, it will be better than your s5. then you would also have a good backup.

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
if you're on T-Mobile, Samsung f
direct has an instant $200 discount on the note 8. Also, if you have an .edu email you can sign up for an added education discount. I just got a brand new Note 8 direct from Samsung for $693. Not too shabby.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all. I don't want a note 9 bad enough to pay off my current phone, pay 150 for a cheap phone and then pay for the note 9.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
It is awful. I'm looking for a good deal now. Maybe I can trade in the s7 edge, it turns on. When I got edge, best buy was giving gift cards for any smartphone that turned on..... I traded in a blackberry.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't have t-mobile. But I am a teacher, without a. edu email address but I can prove I am a teacher. Is that just for t-mobile?

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
It is awful. I'm looking for a good deal now. Maybe I can trade in the s7 edge, it turns on. When I got edge, best buy was giving gift cards for any smartphone that turned on..... I traded in a blackberry.

You can get a good deal on trade in right now w that s7 edge. At least a few hundred.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
My s7 Edge broke, I tired everything. So I am using my old s5. It's slow as hell and the battery life is worse. I was going to TRY to wait until Nov. When my contract is up and bet the Note 9. I then said I was going to wait till Sept. when the Note 9 comes out. This s5 is killing me. Do I get the note 8 now or will the Note 9 be drastically different. I was hoping to get the purple, if they make it in that. Thoughts? TIA
Get the Note8, I doubt the Note9 will be that different. The Note9 will be a refinement of the Note8 much like the S9 is a refinement of the S8.

I think the key features for Note9 will be:
-The S9+ Mechanical Variable Aperture Camera
- Moving Fingerprint to below Camera
- 128GB Internal Memory
- Probably a tad smaller than the Note8 OR same size as Note8 with a ever so slightly larger Display
- Possibly a slightly larger battery

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Get the Note8, I doubt the Note9 will be that different. The Note9 will be a refinement of the Note8 much like the S9 is a refinement of the S8.

I think the key features for Note9 will be:
-The S9+ Mechanical Variable Aperture Camera
- Moving Fingerprint to below Camera
- 128GB Internal Memory
- Probably a tad smaller than the Note8 OR same size as Note8 with a ever so slightly larger Display
- Possibly a slightly larger battery

Stereo speakers AR emoji and better selfie cam

Dumb1

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm in a similar boat and not waiting next week I'm picking up a N8. Was hoping after the S9 release the price would get slashed but that hasn't happened yet.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm in a similar boat and not waiting next week I'm picking up a N8. Was hoping after the S9 release the price would get slashed but that hasn't happened yet.
That's cool. Enjoy. The note 8 is definitely a beast of a device. Never had a issue with mine. Just about everything about it is awesome and like others have said I'm sure the note 9 will not be all that different from the note 8. You'll enjoy it for sure.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Stereo speakers AR emoji and better selfie cam

Most of us power users don't give a bleep about the emojis and selfies. I'd rather more R&D go into the Spen and replace touchwiz with something better.

I want Note 9 now!! I admit the s9 plus is getting tempting simply because it's a newer device even though it lacks the Note features (spen)

But that would be a lot of money to turn around and get the S9 Plus and then the Note 9 a few months later. If the Note is like way over priced and hardly any improvements, THEN I might try and snag one of the deals for the s9 over the summer since I still got a tab s3.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Most of us power users don't give a bleep about the emojis and selfies. I'd rather more R&D go into the Spen and replace touchwiz with something better.

I want Note 9 now!! I admit the s9 plus is getting tempting simply because it's a newer device even though it lacks the Note features (spen)

But that would be a lot of money to turn around and get the S9 Plus and then the Note 9 a few months later. If the Note is like way over priced and hardly any improvements, THEN I might try and snag one of the deals for the s9 over the summer since I still got a tab s3.
I returned one of my Note 8s so I could get a s9+. I really like it but I do know I'll want the Note 9 in the Fall. I still have my other Note 8 so I'm happy. I haven't bothered with the AR emojis and I couldn't care less about that...I would uninstall it if I could.