03-22-2018 09:12 AM
32 12
tools
    My s7 Edge broke, I tired everything. So I am using my old s5. It's slow as hell and the battery life is worse. I was going to TRY to wait until Nov. When my contract is up and bet the Note 9. I then said I was going to wait till Sept. when the Note 9 comes out. This s5 is killing me. Do I get the note 8 now or will the Note 9 be drastically different. I was hoping to get the purple, if they make it in that. Thoughts? TIA
    03-19-2018 06:35 PM
    get a Note 8, it will easily see you through to note 10 next year
    DsM and tekjunkie28 like this.
    03-19-2018 06:40 PM
    Get the note 7
    03-19-2018 07:04 PM
    Get the Note 8...Note 9 long time for that
    03-19-2018 07:17 PM
    could you get a cheaper phone in the interim? i if you really want the 9 and the s5 is not doing to well why not get a $150 moto, it will be better than your s5. then you would also have a good backup.
    tadpoles likes this.
    03-19-2018 07:31 PM
    if you're on T-Mobile, Samsung f
    direct has an instant $200 discount on the note 8. Also, if you have an .edu email you can sign up for an added education discount. I just got a brand new Note 8 direct from Samsung for $693. Not too shabby.
    03-19-2018 07:45 PM
    Thanks all. I don't want a note 9 bad enough to pay off my current phone, pay 150 for a cheap phone and then pay for the note 9.
    03-19-2018 07:46 PM
    Samsung offers interest free financing as well if you want that.
    tadpoles likes this.
    03-19-2018 07:47 PM
    Imagine using that S5 for 6 more months. Sound awful? Then get the Note 8 now!
    03-19-2018 08:32 PM
    It is awful. I'm looking for a good deal now. Maybe I can trade in the s7 edge, it turns on. When I got edge, best buy was giving gift cards for any smartphone that turned on..... I traded in a blackberry.
    03-19-2018 08:38 PM
    could you take your s7 to a repair shop
    03-19-2018 08:57 PM
    I don't have t-mobile. But I am a teacher, without a. edu email address but I can prove I am a teacher. Is that just for t-mobile?
    03-19-2018 09:16 PM
    It is awful. I'm looking for a good deal now. Maybe I can trade in the s7 edge, it turns on. When I got edge, best buy was giving gift cards for any smartphone that turned on..... I traded in a blackberry.
    You can get a good deal on trade in right now w that s7 edge. At least a few hundred.
    03-19-2018 10:37 PM
    yes the $200 off is only the T-Mobile version on Samsung's site
    03-20-2018 01:46 AM
    My s7 Edge broke, I tired everything. So I am using my old s5. It's slow as hell and the battery life is worse. I was going to TRY to wait until Nov. When my contract is up and bet the Note 9. I then said I was going to wait till Sept. when the Note 9 comes out. This s5 is killing me. Do I get the note 8 now or will the Note 9 be drastically different. I was hoping to get the purple, if they make it in that. Thoughts? TIA
    Get the Note8, I doubt the Note9 will be that different. The Note9 will be a refinement of the Note8 much like the S9 is a refinement of the S8.

I think the key features for Note9 will be:
    -The S9+ Mechanical Variable Aperture Camera
    - Moving Fingerprint to below Camera
    - 128GB Internal Memory
    - Probably a tad smaller than the Note8 OR same size as Note8 with a ever so slightly larger Display
    - Possibly a slightly larger battery
    03-20-2018 05:07 AM
    Get the Note8, I doubt the Note9 will be that different. The Note9 will be a refinement of the Note8 much like the S9 is a refinement of the S8.

I think the key features for Note9 will be:
    -The S9+ Mechanical Variable Aperture Camera
    - Moving Fingerprint to below Camera
    - 128GB Internal Memory
    - Probably a tad smaller than the Note8 OR same size as Note8 with a ever so slightly larger Display
    - Possibly a slightly larger battery
    Stereo speakers AR emoji and better selfie cam
    03-20-2018 05:12 AM
    I'm in a similar boat and not waiting next week I'm picking up a N8. Was hoping after the S9 release the price would get slashed but that hasn't happened yet.
    03-20-2018 06:41 AM
    I'm in a similar boat and not waiting next week I'm picking up a N8. Was hoping after the S9 release the price would get slashed but that hasn't happened yet.
    That's cool. Enjoy. The note 8 is definitely a beast of a device. Never had a issue with mine. Just about everything about it is awesome and like others have said I'm sure the note 9 will not be all that different from the note 8. You'll enjoy it for sure.
    Luckiestmom likes this.
    03-20-2018 12:49 PM
    Stereo speakers AR emoji and better selfie cam
    Most of us power users don't give a bleep about the emojis and selfies. I'd rather more R&D go into the Spen and replace touchwiz with something better.

I want Note 9 now!! I admit the s9 plus is getting tempting simply because it's a newer device even though it lacks the Note features (spen)

But that would be a lot of money to turn around and get the S9 Plus and then the Note 9 a few months later. If the Note is like way over priced and hardly any improvements, THEN I might try and snag one of the deals for the s9 over the summer since I still got a tab s3.
    03-20-2018 05:53 PM
    Most of us power users don't give a bleep about the emojis and selfies. I'd rather more R&D go into the Spen and replace touchwiz with something better.

I want Note 9 now!! I admit the s9 plus is getting tempting simply because it's a newer device even though it lacks the Note features (spen)

But that would be a lot of money to turn around and get the S9 Plus and then the Note 9 a few months later. If the Note is like way over priced and hardly any improvements, THEN I might try and snag one of the deals for the s9 over the summer since I still got a tab s3.
    I returned one of my Note 8s so I could get a s9+. I really like it but I do know I'll want the Note 9 in the Fall. I still have my other Note 8 so I'm happy. I haven't bothered with the AR emojis and I couldn't care less about that...I would uninstall it if I could.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    03-20-2018 07:24 PM
    I returned one of my Note 8s so I could get a s9+. I really like it but I do know I'll want the Note 9 in the Fall. I still have my other Note 8 so I'm happy. I haven't bothered with the AR emojis and I couldn't care less about that...I would uninstall it if I could.
    Be interesting to see what you think about note 8 and S9+ back to back after a few weeks.
    I have 2 notes and was almost considering doing the same but price here means putting 2/300 towards the S9+ so I decided just to keep the 2 Note 8 and wait for the Note 9 instead
    03-20-2018 07:54 PM
    My mom has some cheap 3 yr old free LG phone from Tmobile that is crappy. I'm trying to take her to the tmobile store to get a nano SIM card so I can give (sell her) my s8 Plus. I told her it would last longer. It's mint condition. Would you say $450? Based what I see on swappa and ebay.

For the Note 9 I'm most likely going to order the unlocked version this time. I figure it will be a lot easier to sell the unlocked version rather than a carrier specific version and hold value better. Since I got tmobile and already know wifi calling works.

Would it be better to buy from samsung or best buy? I know with Best Buy you don't get the phone a week early like Samsung.com does a lot.

She said in a couple months maybe. Would be nice having that cash towards the Note 9 plus a trade in.
    03-20-2018 09:28 PM
    My mom has some cheap 3 yr old free LG phone from Tmobile that is crappy. I'm trying to take her to the tmobile store to get a nano SIM card so I can give (sell her) my s8 Plus. I told her it would last longer. It's mint condition. Would you say $450? Based what I see on swappa and ebay.

For the Note 9 I'm most likely going to order the unlocked version this time. I figure it will be a lot easier to sell the unlocked version rather than a carrier specific version and hold value better. Since I got tmobile and already know wifi calling works.

Would it be better to buy from samsung or best buy? I know with Best Buy you don't get the phone a week early like Samsung.com does a lot.

She said in a couple months maybe. Would be nice having that cash towards the Note 9 plus a trade in.
    That's a tuffy, returns would be easier through Best Buy but I had a good experience from Samsung Direct too so I can recommend them also.
    03-20-2018 10:36 PM
    Can u tell me about the s9+ speakers compared to Note 8
    03-20-2018 10:51 PM
    Can u tell me about the s9+ speakers compared to Note 8
    I haven't even listened to them yet.
    03-20-2018 10:58 PM
32 12