Am I the only one, who doesn't use spen much

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Like the title says, the last time I've used my spen was around 2 months ago. Trying to find more reasons to use it. Anyone else?

chmun77

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hmm... I do use it now and then, especially when creating GIF cut from some movies scenes to share with my friends. :)

andytiedye

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
I use it for almost all interaction with the phone. Fingers too big and imprecise.

The handwriting recognition works quite well most of the time too.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I use it pretty much daily. It is the reason I got a Note, and it would be hard to give it up. But there are lots of great phones out there to choose from, if the S-Pen is of no value to you.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I don't use it all that much. Last night was the first time in weeks. To be honest, the S-pen wasn't a selling point for me. It was the overall quality of the phone. The Note 8 is a really good phone with or without the S-pen.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Use it probably 2-3 times a day. Can't have a phone without it. It's why I bought a Note.
Same here!

I went from a Note 4 to S7 Edge in 2016 and hated not being with the SPen, came back to Note with the Note8 on its launch, and I am never leaving unless we see some true competition from LG, Sony and Google Pixel with a Pen.

Did you ever use the Sony Ericsson P series phones back in the day? To me the Note phones are like a modern Sony Ericsson P910i - IMO one of the best phones of its time even when you removed the keyboard and just had it all screen with the Stylus and Jog-dial.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I’m sure you are not alone as some people just don’t find it useful. I use it every day. Mostly when I just want to be more precise when using the browser or something, but I also use it to edit documents, pictures or make notes on a map or document. I’ll make lists and pen them to my always on display or home screen. I have other phones that I use occasionally and I miss the S-Pen almost immediately.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
All day, every day. Type with it, dial with it, scroll with it, use the calculator with it, write, draw, annotate, select/copy/paste text and images, "smart" select, magnify, etc., etc.

But most importantly I use the original S Note/Action Memo app. I think that's a big divide in S Pen users as well. For those who came to the Note series with the N7 or 8 and unfortunately were introduced to Samsung Notes, it's hard to imagine the myriad features and functions of S Note/Action Memo. Even some who did use it in older Notes used only its basic features.

Then there's also the fact that I really miss my BlackBerry physical keyboards, and typing on a touch screen sucked after that for me. My first Android was the Note 3 (and all Notes since), originally so I could use the pen to type/swype. Just exploded from there :)

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
I never use it as it was a new concept to me and a novelty. I think one would have to use it daily to try to develop the habit of using it. I tried in the first week or so that I bought the phone, but I gradually just forgot about it. I will try again since this thread has brought it to mind again. I honestly forget that I have it. lol

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't use it every single day, but when I use it for notes and documents at work I'm soooo grateful to have it. I won't say I'll NEVER switch to a phone that doesn't have a pen, but it's going to take one hell of an amazing phone to pull me away from it.

b.grdner

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't use it that much; mostly to take notes. Rather than having to look for pen and paper to take a quick note I use the Screen off writing feature of the phone.

Thomasrope

May 20, 2017
Visit site
About the only time I use it is when the wife sends me to the grocery store and I have to make a list. wish I had more opportunity to use it.