I am using Galaxy Note 8 for past 6 months now, But i think My phone is virus infected , I am constantly bombed with updates and notifications from something called [removed]. Does anyone know , how to resolve this ?
    03-23-2018 10:16 AM
    Try an antivirus app.

I use Bitdefender Security cause it has decent review and UI is simple and seems to just run in the background quietly without hurting OS performance. and I use google play money I get from using Google Rewards app so doesn't cost me anything.

It will do a scan after you install it and if it doesnt find anything and you really think you have a virus, then I'd erase the phone by doing a factory reset.
    03-23-2018 10:40 AM
    I wouldn't rely on anything less than a factory reset. I'd also try to figure out where the virus came from, so you can avoid reinfection. Are you rooted? Running custom firmware? Have you installed any untrusted apps? Do you install official firmware updates promptly?
    anon(9485947) likes this.
    03-24-2018 06:59 AM
    Make sure you have all your documents, photos, contacts etc... backed up
    (this is good advice anyway, just in case you're struck by lightning or your phone is stolen)

Then, If you haven't rooted your device. A factory reset should cover it. If you are rooted then things become a bit trickier, and you may need to reflash your rom.

Remember not to install Apps from outside the play store.
    03-24-2018 07:11 AM
    it most likely a fake virus advert.. use Ad Blocker on Samsung internet web browser.
    03-24-2018 10:47 PM
    it most likely a fake virus advert.. use Ad Blocker on Samsung internet web browser.
    If I can add my bit, and question. Recently received a few "you're infected" messages when opening a browser link from within facebook. I try to be careful about clicking links there, and it was on a 'trusted' source that never caused a problem before.

Not sure if this is viral, or just something within the actual page I was on. I couldn't back space, had to close out the browser completely.
    03-27-2018 12:03 PM