Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have a problem with location service turning off by itself? My Verizon note 8 keeps doing this and can't figure out why??

georgewd#AC

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I've also noticed this behavior. It has been happening since I purchased my Note last year. It happens when the Verizon app checking on security runs in the background. The app gives a report and turns off the location in the background. Whenever I see this has run, and the report pops up, I have to turn location back on again. I believe this is a bug as it shouldn't adjust any settings without my approval.

Last edited:

Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I've also noticed this behavior. It has been happening since I purchased my Note last year. It happens when the Verizon app checking on security runs in the background. The app gives a report and turns off the location in the background. Whenever I see this has run, and the report pops up, I have to turn location back on again. I believe this is a bug as it shouldn't adjust any settings without my approval.

Thank you

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
That would explain why mine isn't doing it. I disabled Verizon's security app.