Why does my note 8 no longer have fast charging.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I got updated March 25 2018 to Android 8. Since then my phone would not fast charge. It says that there is moisture on my USB cable. At those times I only charge wirelessly. Can anyone help?

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I got updated March 25 2018 to Android 8. Since then my phone would not fast charge. It says that there is moisture on my USB cable. At those times I only charge wirelessly. Can anyone help?

the moisture thing is a known error, clean the charging port gently with alcohol and wipes and also clear cache in recovery, don't charge with cheap ebay/amazon cables either, back up everything in case a factory reset is needed.
I my case the phone needed to be reflashed to fix it.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
You could also use one of those blowers that photographers use to blow dust off of their camera sensors to dry any moisture that may have gotten into the charging port.

Some people had to get their devices replaced.

Victordeen

Apr 2, 2018
Visit site
I have this exact problem. I assure you it's not a hardware problem. I live in Africa the temperature in Nigeria is average of 30 deg centigrade. cleaning with alcohol didn't solve my problem. I wanted to down grade back to Android 7.1.1 but have not been able to. What should I do?

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind that when gernerttl refers to a photo dust blower, he does not mean to use "canned air". That "dust off" or other compressed gas blower stuff is bad news for photo equipment, keyboards, and other gadgets because it blows dust and water droplets through any tiny cracks or openings and into areas where it will do more harm and be impossible to clean without serious disassembly of the device in question.

I've seen cameras, lenses, keyboards, etc. ruined by using that stuff. Dust or even water on the outside of many gadgets really does little harm. But drive it into the device with high velocity, high pressure gas, and now you may have real problems.

As tempting and easy as it is to use that canned air type product, resist the urge, and think about where that dust or moisture will end up going if you blast it against the relatively weak (or non-existent) dust or moisture seals of a typical lens, camera, or worse, a keyboard that simply relies on little raised areas to act as miniature "levees" that channel coffee, etc., away from the actual electrical contacts. A dirty keyboard is a happy keyboard. 😁

Dust on the outside surfaces of a lens can be brushed and then wiped away. Dust blown into the lens, and now resting on the inner surfaces can't be cleaned off without taking the lens apart.

These phones have a certain degree of water resistance, but if you look at the definitions of various water resistance ratings, you will find that only the highest protection ratings claim to protect against high pressure wash-down. And with a can of dust-off, and some moisture already in a nook or cranny, you can easily exceed the rigors of all but the highest levels of high pressure wash down. Basically, you end up forcing the water past the gaskets, etc., used to seal a phone.

Then you have moisture inside of that "waterproof" phone where it cannot be reached and cannot evaporate away. Corrosion quickly sets in, etc. Your waterproof phone is now worse-off than an unsealed phone because at least the unsealed phone will dry out on it's own.

It's like going through a car wash and finding that some of you car's weather sealing leaks a bit when assaulted by a stream of high pressure water directed at it in just the right direction to separate the seal from its mating surface.

Dry out the contact areas if necessary, but be gentle about it all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc