Note 8, Oreo/Touchwiz9 Update, & Where is the other half of my damn keyboard.

splashing

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I updated my Note 8 with Oreo last night. I can't get my Samsung keyboard to open up it saying it can't open when trying to type something. I see it listed under my app but it won't open for some reason. I had to download the Google keyboard. Would love any advice of what I can do to get it to work again. Thanks

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 8, Oreo/Touchwiz9 Update, & Where is the other half of my damn keyboard.

I am so sorry to hear this. and sorry even more about the treatment you rec'd. clearly no heart there.

AT&T is the worst company I have ever dealt with over my decades of phone use, mobile and home. I dumped them back in the early '90s and never looked back. so many better companies to use that are not unscrupulous in their practices and billings. they always had hidden fees and charges that were invalid. I got tired of contacting them to get the bill adjusted, which was part of my job. I had dumped them personally long before that.
Thanks it sucked.. I took like a $1000 hit to leave att but what they put me through it was worth every penny to be done with them

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Is there a reason why people prefer samsung keyboard over SwiftKey?

Like on SwiftKey you can search gifs.. I dont see that option on samsung keyboard

splashing

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm a beginner when it comes to keyboards. Is the Google keyboard a Swiftkey? I do like the gifs but I'm not familiar with this keyboard. Sorry I'm a beginner when it comes to keyboards on my phone. Lol! Thanks so much

monil

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
maybe carriers are deliberately removing some features now so as to add them back later... or just showing courage?

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 8, Oreo/Touchwiz9 Update, & Where is the other half of my damn keyboard.

Some people probably like using the pen writing input. I think it's only available on the Samsung keyboard.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Glad T-Mobile didn't remove the new features from the Samsung Keyboard. I normally use Swiftkey but I'm gonnla check out Samsungs keyboard today.
6deff09eb1d6037a35d484abfcbda840.jpg

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
That's weird, I have tmobile so no official update yet, but I've been using the leaked build for weeks and the keyboard features are there. Why would they do that?
I got the update this morning but I haven't seen one thing different..... It's like nothing changed!

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Using a Samsung Theme. Really digging the update to the Samsung keyboard. May have to put Swiftkey to rest for a while. My typing speed has vastly increased with this update.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
On my tmobile, I have that little arrow on the right as well. Pressing it gives me more options.

Attachments

• 9537.jpg
    9537.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 36

mjayynelson

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

No he mean the stickers and the gifs buttons. I was looking for those feature as well. It gives me 1 more reason to hate at&t.

Although, the videos of people showing the features are s8 / s9 owners. So I thought it was only for the new phone s9. Can someone verify this if you have a different carrier with note 8?

I don't have any of the buttons and I have sprint. mine just updated three days ago..

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae