Note 8, Oreo/Touchwiz9 Update, & Where is the other half of my damn keyboard.

missionsparta

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
Updated my Note 8 to Oreo and Touchwiz 9 on AT&T and as others have said, half the keyboard functions are missing (GIF. stickers, screenshot, etc). WTF? What is the point of doing this other than pissing us the hell off? Are we ever going to get it?

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Updated my Note 8 to Oreo and Touchwiz 9 on AT&T and as others have said, half the keyboard functions are missing (GIF. stickers, screenshot, etc). WTF? What is the point of doing this other than pissing us the hell off? Are we ever going to get it?

That's weird, I have tmobile so no official update yet, but I've been using the leaked build for weeks and the keyboard features are there. Why would they do that?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Are you referring to these?Screenshot_20180329-084647.jpg

missionsparta

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
Yes. on AT&T they removed half of the new features for the keyboards. The GIF thing really pisses me off because that is what I was most excited about with TouchWiz9.

Kendahl Titcomb

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
hand it to att to remove stuff on a build for a great phone...I remember when they removed settings features on the Note 5...just because..that's why I hate those guys

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why carriers would remove something. I can understand a carrier specific version having an extra feature - such as Volte on the EE firmware in the UK but the effort taken to remove something just seems madness. In what way would the keyboard functionality affect the at&t network? Unless they don't want people sending gifs!

missionsparta

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
no....GIF is missing in that screenshot. as well as stickers. etc. see if you have the GIF option available. I have checked in settings and it is not there.

missionsparta

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
I don't understand why carriers would remove something. I can understand a carrier specific version having an extra feature - such as Volte on the EE firmware in the UK but the effort taken to remove something just seems madness. In what way would the keyboard functionality affect the at&t network? Unless they don't want people sending gifs!

If they don't want GIFs sent, then they better shut that option down on iPhone also.

convergent

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
I have them on my ATT Note 8... of course IF I pick the Samsung keyboard. If I pick a different keyboard then they go away. I know its a dumb question, but did the folks missing it use a different keyboard.

chocokat

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 8, Oreo/Touchwiz9 Update, & Where is the other half of my damn keyboard.

I have them on my ATT Note 8... of course IF I pick the Samsung keyboard. If I pick a different keyboard then they go away. I know its a dumb question, but did the folks missing it use a different keyboard.
No he mean the stickers and the gifs buttons. I was looking for those feature as well. It gives me 1 more reason to hate at&t.

Although, the videos of people showing the features are s8 / s9 owners. So I thought it was only for the new phone s9. Can someone verify this if you have a different carrier with note 8?

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I get the options above the keyboard but no gif option. I don't use the Samaung keyboard anyway but stupid that they remove features.

missionsparta

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
After talking to Samsung, it is AT&T that shut the dam features off. It also appears the features shut off are all the features that use more data....at the same time the same features have been left on the iPhones and they don't seem to have a problem with it. So the option is either turn those back on so every ok next can use them, or send an update shutting those features off on the iPhone. this isn't only some of the features for your paying customers and not for the other half of you paying customers. Tired of this crap.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
After talking to Samsung, it is AT&T that shut the dam features off. It also appears the features shut off are all the features that use more data....at the same time the same features have been left on the iPhones and they don't seem to have a problem with it. So the option is either turn those back on so every ok next can use them, or send an update shutting those features off on the iPhone. this isn't only some of the features for your paying customers and not for the other half of you paying customers. Tired of this crap.

Good luck with that. AT&T would get sued by Apple, and rightly so, if it tried that.