Good afternoon,

After updating to Oreo I have notice my N8 is considerably more sluggish than on Nougat, little things like opening apps take longer and the overall performance seems poor for a device with 6GB RAM.

Also the battery life is a lot worse than on 7.1.1 to the point where I have to top up every day to ensure I can get through the remainder of the day.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?
    03-30-2018 06:49 AM
    I can't say I have noticed anything in regards to battery life as my Note 8 with Oreo isn't my daily driver yet since I only flashed Oreo at the weekend and haven't completed my personal setup yet.
    What I can comment is that I think it is running as fast and smooth as Nougat if not better, I have my other Note 8 not yet upgraded to Oreo as daily driver so I would like to think I can compare fairly even.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-30-2018 06:54 AM
    haven't completed my personal setup yet.
    interested in this process. did you FR?
    03-30-2018 06:59 AM
    After the Oreo update on my Note 8, I agree with you(on some regards). The performance hasn't been sluggish yet there are occasional stuttering. Even now while I am typing the keyboard closed 6 times. The update has also made the battery life worse. While it used to last me the whole day with about 10 to 15% remaining, now I need to charge it more often. There are also few app opening issues where I tap on a notification and the app opens up a couple of minutes later. This delay is most consistent on Twitter and YouTube. While there have been many problems with the new Oreo build, there are a few improvements. The booting speed is super fast, the Iris unlock works like a breeze even in bad lighting conditions. So even with many problems there are certain upsides of the new update.
    03-30-2018 07:06 AM
    Did you guys clear the system cache after the update?
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-30-2018 07:50 AM
    Good afternoon,

After updating to Oreo I have notice my N8 is considerably more sluggish than on Nougat, little things like opening apps take longer and the overall performance seems poor for a device with 6GB RAM.

Also the battery life is a lot worse than on 7.1.1 to the point where I have to top up every day to ensure I can get through the remainder of the day.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?
    How many days have you been using oreo for and did you perform a factory data reset after the update?
    03-30-2018 07:52 AM
    interested in this process. did you FR?
    yes I did a complete factory reset first, then just basic setup with Wi-Fi connection and Samsung and Google accounts, flashed all 4 files and using the CSC rather than home_csc as I didn't need to keep any data
    03-30-2018 08:05 AM
    Absolutely no issues here. Standby battery life is definitely better and performance is stutter free and so far no issues at all. I did do a FR soon after and I always recommend doing that after a large update like Oreo. A LOT of under the hood stuff changed so a fresh start is always recommended.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-01-2018 02:34 PM
    YES!!! My goodness, since the update my battery life is terrible. It feels like it's been cut in half. I have to charge it during the day multiple times now as well.
    04-07-2018 07:50 AM
    I'm going to lean towards bugs with apps. Mine is laggy after a few days, but clearing cache only fixed it for a few days. Restart takes care of that. Buggy proximity sensor issues, apps close random, or don't load properly. I want to flash, but which sm-950U1 file do I download? In unlocked in USA. Samsung's site doesn't give a clue. Product code is no where to be found for bestbuy N8. I don't want bloatware either.
    04-07-2018 07:58 AM
    I am on AT&T with the new oreo update and so far it's seems the same no real noticeable differences. The battery is still the same and as far as performance goes it may seem a tad better in my opinion. I also did about 3 reboots after I installed oreo and made sure all apps were up to date.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-07-2018 08:03 AM
    This has to be the worst update I have ever had on any phone I have ever owned. The entire system has slowed down and my battery usage has been cut at least by 1/3 if not in half. I will push a button and it waits forever before it recognizes that I have push the button, I try to search things on the internet and it is so slow it takes forever. We pay so much money for this technology and yet they keep making it worse. I can't believe I'm saying this but this update is so bad I'm considering going to an iPhone.
    07-29-2018 10:19 AM
    This has to be the worst update I have ever had on any phone I have ever owned. The entire system has slowed down and my battery usage has been cut at least by 1/3 if not in half. I will push a button and it waits forever before it recognizes that I have push the button, I try to search things on the internet and it is so slow it takes forever. We pay so much money for this technology and yet they keep making it worse. I can't believe I'm saying this but this update is so bad I'm considering going to an iPhone.
    In which case, try a factory erase and setup as NEW.

At some point with all the patches, updates, a system and it's apps are not in their ideal condition.
    07-29-2018 11:07 AM
    Troll I think..... Go get your iPong and leave us alone.
    If your *story* is true then clear cache in recovery and report back after that
    07-29-2018 12:01 PM
    I have the note 8 since launch and oreo made the battery better not worse. The entire device was improved in my opinion you need to check and see what is eating your battery before blaming the latest update.
    07-29-2018 12:21 PM
    I have the note 8 since launch and oreo made the battery better not worse. The entire device was improved in my opinion you need to check and see what is eating your battery before blaming the latest update.
    Agreed.

The device got more fluid after the update, as for Battery Life, mine has been decent, not the best but not bad either, gets me through a full day at work, with heavy usage. I am happy.
    07-30-2018 07:59 AM
    For people having issues after the update a factory reset and starting from scratch will fix it. Restore back from your Google account but not from your Samsung backup. Or if anything just files, messages and call logs but not system settings.
    07-30-2018 09:25 AM
    I have to say that I've noticed almost no difference between before and after the Oreo update. I cleared the cache, but did not do a factory reset.

The change in the "always on display" seemed to be eating more battery power than it did before the update, and I was afraid of screen burn, since the clock no longer moved, so I did switch that off (no real loss, IMO).

Other than that, I really haven't noticed any difference.
    07-30-2018 08:26 PM
    YES! I noticed a slight decrease in battery but the performance took a major hit. I tried restarting several times to no avail. It's just awful.
    09-03-2018 03:50 AM
    I have to wonder why all of these rediculous updates are even pushed out. Most of them seem to be more cosmetic than functionally beneficial. Their updates seem to make things worse than before.
    09-03-2018 03:57 AM
    I have to wonder why all of these rediculous updates are even pushed out. Most of them seem to be more cosmetic than functionally beneficial. Their updates seem to make things worse than before.
    I think most updates are successful. You just only hear about the ones that aren't.
    Ryano89 and mary beth hale like this.
    09-03-2018 08:14 PM
    Absolutely no issues here. Standby battery life is definitely better and performance is stutter free and so far no issues at all. I did do a FR soon after and I always recommend doing that after a large update like Oreo. A LOT of under the hood stuff changed so a fresh start is always recommended.
    When you say start off fresh from factory reset, do you mean set up a new email as well? Because I used the same email and I'm still getting the same 3 and half hours of SoT I have everything turned off but wifi airplane mode on. Brightness down to 50% I have to charges this thing like 3-4 times a day. It's weird when I had the s8. I had excellent battery life.
    01-12-2019 01:18 PM
    When you say start off fresh from factory reset, do you mean set up a new email as well? Because I used the same email and I'm still getting the same 3 and half hours of SoT I have everything turned off but wifi airplane mode on. Brightness down to 50% I have to charges this thing like 3-4 times a day. It's weird when I had the s8. I had excellent battery life.
    No, but don't transfer any setting over. Just contacts and your personal information. I never do a restore from backup or any restore?
    01-12-2019 01:55 PM
    Check your screen resolution. I have mine set at FHD now and removed samsung pay. Not sure which of those where killing my battery but I could not even last a day and when I am at work, I rarely touch my phone. Took my phone off the charger at 7am yesterday and just put it on this morning and I was at 75 percent still.
    01-13-2019 07:09 AM
    Check your screen resolution. I have mine set at FHD now and removed samsung pay. Not sure which of those where killing my battery but I could not even last a day and when I am at work, I rarely touch my phone. Took my phone off the charger at 7am yesterday and just put it on this morning and I was at 75 percent still.
    Might have been Samsung pay

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/0...sues-for-some/
    01-13-2019 11:16 PM