T-Mo Note 8 Oreo

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoVATechChick

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
T-Mo was no help, either. They told me that the update just hasn't been pushed to my phone... which seems unlikely, since it's the 4th and it was released on the 1st

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Wonder if it has to do with the phone starting on ATT getting unlocked and then having the TMobile os flashed to it. Should still get the update like any other though.

I would flash the T-Mobile firmware back to the phone. Once the Oreo update installs and the phone reboots, your AT&T sim card will tell the new Oreo firmware to install all the carrier specific features and the phone will then even boot up showing the AT&T logo and not the T-Mobile logo. It will be just as if it were an unlocked Note 8 using the AT&T firmware.

mlbrowninsc

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I would flash the T-Mobile firmware back to the phone. Once the Oreo update installs and the phone reboots, your AT&T sim card will tell the new Oreo firmware to install all the carrier specific features and the phone will then even boot up showing the AT&T logo and not the T-Mobile logo. It will be just as if it were an unlocked Note 8 using the AT&T firmware.

Installed it last night. Working good on T-Mobile. Hopefully as new updates come out they will come through this time. There were some T-Mobile certification this time so that was different than the last firmware I flashed. But as usual the Note 8 will likely never see another big android update.

The 9 will take over there.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Installed it last night. Working good on T-Mobile. Hopefully as new updates come out they will come through this time. There were some T-Mobile certification this time so that was different than the last firmware I flashed. But as usual the Note 8 will likely never see another big android update.

The 9 will take over there.
The Note 8 will get next years major update just as the S7 edge will get Oreo this year.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Note 8 now. Original swap was only money related. 2nd swap I had an issue with email and now quite happy back on the note 8
So you didn't like the S9? I'm waiting on the Note 9. I'm heading rumors that it COULD come out as early as July but I'm not counting on it. I live my Note 8 and I am a little envious of some of the new features in the S9 but not enough to vibe up my Note 8. Now I could go a tad wider and I think the Note 9 is going to be a tad wider but we'll see. Until then I'm happy. I do have a open line with no phone right now and it's a free line but I'm tempted to go with the S9 on that line.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
So you didn't like the S9? I'm waiting on the Note 9. I'm heading rumors that it COULD come out as early as July but I'm not counting on it. I live my Note 8 and I am a little envious of some of the new features in the S9 but not enough to vibe up my Note 8. Now I could go a tad wider and I think the Note 9 is going to be a tad wider but we'll see. Until then I'm happy. I do have a open line with no phone right now and it's a free line but I'm tempted to go with the S9 on that line.
I had the 9 Plus. I liked it a lot actually, for the most part. Ended up just preferring the Note 8. I may take a hard look at Note 9.

B Posey

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
So today I jumped to a new Note8. (long story) The Note8 that I traded in to T-Mobile has Oreo, my new Note8 does not have the 8.0 update yet. I'm punching that update button every hour or so and nothing yet.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Just discovered that after Oreo, when I go to do a trial on an icon pack when in Nova Launcher, it acts like its downloading the pack and applying it, but it doesnt, even going into nova settings. It's not listed as an icon pack default

B Posey

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
According to the T-Mobile forums, T-Mobile put the Note 8/8.0 update on pause because there are so many issues. There are a ton of people who don't have the 8.0 update yet (including myself). So apparently the update will continue rolling out on April 20th.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
According to the T-Mobile forums, T-Mobile put the Note 8/8.0 update on pause because there are so many issues.
According to whom on which forum? The "T-Mobile Oreo Update" thread in the Featured Discussions section of support.t-mobile.com/community/community/ says nothing about a deployment pause. And the T-Mobile release-notes page for the Note8 still lists the CRC2 firmware as available and current.

If you haven't gotten the update yet OTA, have you tried getting it via SmartSwitch on your PC? Or talking to T-Mobile live chat?

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
According to the T-Mobile forums, T-Mobile put the Note 8/8.0 update on pause because there are so many issues. There are a ton of people who don't have the 8.0 update yet (including myself). So apparently the update will continue rolling out on April 20th.

I have not seen this reported, nor have i seen many reports of bugs. Interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles