Oreo on ATT?

Mama2Many

May 2, 2013
Visit site
My phone just started automatically downloading an update and it's taking a long time. I can't click in to get info. Is it Oreo??? I wasn't even sure if I wanted to update since Nougat us working so well for me.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
My phone just started automatically downloading an update and it's taking a long time. I can't click in to get info. Is it Oreo??? I wasn't even sure if I wanted to update since Nougat us working so well for me.
Yes, most are getting Oreo this week. I got it a few days ago on my AT&T N8. It's a pretty big update & included the March Security patch too. Actually the upgrade went fast and smooth. Only a couple of My apps not working quite right... Still work but a couple of issues.
If you have Developer mode enabled there's an option to stop auto updates. I think this is it. Also, I believe you can use package disabler pro but don't know exact files to disable. Google it.
5c277f4a0f656e742050864a711f77a7.jpg

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Mine updated and I installed it last night. My only real complaint is an incessant, and seemingly non-disableable notification to "tap here to use your Samsung account". I've tried to dismiss it and prevent it from notifying me, but it is relentless!

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
It's back again. I have read that you have to delete your Samsung account completely if you want that notification to go away. Very odd!

Screenshot_20180401-180126_Firefox.jpg

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I tried that, and there is no option to disable notifications there. And even with notifications turned off in the settings for "Samsung Experience Service" in the apps settings menu, I still get this notification constantly. I've "declined" it numerous times. I guess they just won't take no for an answer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech