Scooter mount

bigcanoe

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a mount to hold the Note 8 on a scooter? It would need to attach to the mirror stem or base as there is no exposed handle bar.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You might want to look at the Ram brand mounts.

https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-HOL-UN10BU#compatible-devices

They are pricy, though. That item is $32.49 just for the grip. You'll need to buy the mount (they do have scooter specific mounts) and arm separate. The entire kit with that grip starts at $60+ when I put a basic one together. It goes up from there if you want better arms and such.

Sticker shock aside, Ram Mounts are top quality and are widely used. Emergency vehicles and even my semi use them to hold our computer terminals. They aren't a cheap Amazon knockoff that will break in a month. For use on something like a scooter or motorcycle, I wouldn't want to cheap out and risk losing my phone when the mount breaks.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Cool, I'd love to hear your feedback on its use because I've been eyeballing that myself for my semi. The only reason I haven't got it yet is I have a little ledge to rest the phone, and nowhere good to set their suction cup mount because all the flat dash surfaces are textured. Since it's a company truck, I can't use their hard mount plate that screw in. These trucks are rather bouncy, and I've had my share of other holders launch my phone at me when hitting a bump. XD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae