How to take macro photos on note 8

Lolly1961

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I've just switched from note 5 to note 8. My macro photos of flowers and water droplets with the note 5 were extremely detailed and clear. In fact I've won several competitions. Easy to take no special settings. But I have not been able to take a single good closeup photo with this note 8. I've tried everything. Any tips? I am doing something wrong and don't know what.

Last edited:

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I have really had pretty good luck with the Note 8 for macro shots. I've gotten good ones with both the "regular" lens and the "X2" setting. I haven't done anything special. No manual controls or anything. Sometimes I do touch the screen to set the focus point to a particular area, but really, it's done well. It's actually annoying that it works so well so easily since I have a lot invested in macro gear for my DSLRs and even the small Canon M series. The "real" macro gear is better in many ways, but the tiny sensors in these phone cams create much deeper depth of field for macro shots simply by virtue of the tiny sensors' relative sizes with respect to the subject sizes.

Make sure the lens area of your phone is clean, of course. I'm not sure what might be preventing your shots from coming out. What sort of flaws are you finding in the shots? Maybe you got a defective camera module. In general, I'm very pleased with the camera performance in this Note 8.