Notification Count Not working after Oreo Update

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have about 4 icons that are not updating notification counts correctly. For example, am using the stock email app and the app shows 1 new message. There are actually 33 new messages. Same thing is happening with other apps that worked ok with notification counts before the update. Is there a way to fix the notification counts? Thanks.

keshav9

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
I have about 4 icons that are not updating notification counts correctly. For example, am using the stock email app and the app shows 1 new message. There are actually 33 new messages. Same thing is happening with other apps that worked ok with notification counts before the update. Is there a way to fix the notification counts? Thanks.

Search for this -- How to get the unread count bubble on app icon on Android 8.0 Oreo update -- on Google to find help regaridng this. You can use the Apex launcher with Apex Notifier app to get the unread badge count the way you want.

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Prior to posting, I had researched the issue. I saw that the Oreo update borked app badge counts. Most suggestions were to use Nova or Apex launchers. Thought maybe someone discovered a work around without having to install a launcher. Hope this gets fixed very soon.

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
So, I'm not the only one noticing that the app badge notifications is a mess in Oreo? I much preferred it under Nougat. some aren't getting notifications at all despite being turned on. Also, I use the LED notification but I would customize it to individual email accounts within Samsungs email app. can't do that anymore either.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. Also my only issue with Oreo. App badge notifications are borked. For example any time I get a single (1) notification from Instagram it displays a random three digit (eg. 479) badge number. I also don't care for the way that dismissing the notification causes the badge to disappear.

keshav9

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Same issue here. Also my only issue with Oreo. App badge notifications are borked. For example any time I get a single (1) notification from Instagram it displays a random three digit (eg. 479) badge number. I also don't care for the way that dismissing the notification causes the badge to disappear.

Here is a work around fix for this at the Samsung Forums.

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site

this is bothering me much - no simple notification setting adjust to get the app-icon numbered-badges to show total number of unread email messages ??!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol