Can you guys please list the missing features in the Oreo updated that are present in Nougat?

From what I know:

1) custom txt notification sounds for each person
    2) txt backgrounds
    3) icon number badges disappear completely after swiping notification while in Nougat they remain until all are checked upon.
    04-03-2018 11:41 PM
    3) icon number badges disappear completely after swiping notification while in Nougat they remain until all are checked upon.
    No way to remove them manually when they don't.
    04-04-2018 01:22 AM
    yeah, I'm not happy about number 3 either. I liked the notification badge numbers remaining despite dismissing the notification window prompt for messages, etc. a real step backward in my opinion to remove this option.

Also, where is the ability to change the app icon shapes? its greyed out under Oreo 8.0. the Google app frames around the icons are hideous.
    04-04-2018 02:21 AM
    I already miss the possibility to record a phone call (both sides).
    04-04-2018 05:32 AM
    I use Call Recorder by Skvalex.
    jacker and sandra_17 like this.
    04-04-2018 08:15 AM
    Before Oreo, wasn't the badge implementation part of Touchwiz? If so, it would be great if we had a choice of which badge system to use. Either the Oreo baked-in version or the Samsung implementation. I much prefer the way it was before because the badges acted more like a reminder than an actual notification.
    04-04-2018 08:33 AM
    Before Oreo, wasn't the badge implementation part of Touchwiz? If so, it would be great if we had a choice of which badge system to use. Either the Oreo baked-in version or the Samsung implementation. I much prefer the way it was before because the badges acted more like a reminder than an actual notification.
    I agree! Also we had more control over the LED notification light, i.e. you could turn off sound and vibration for a notification, but use the LED light. Looks like this level of customization is no longer available.
    04-04-2018 08:44 AM
    Dropdown menus on web pages don't drop down when I hover the pen over them, except on Samsung's browser. Used to work on all browsers.
    04-04-2018 12:07 PM
    text background> I'm able to change my text background just not the conversation balloons which I miss.
    04-04-2018 12:33 PM
    I did notice that when you long press sn app now "App info" is no longer displayed which was in the previous software.
    04-04-2018 12:40 PM
    Dropdown menus on web pages don't drop down when I hover the pen over them, except on Samsung's browser. Used to work on all browsers.
    True - I just checked it... damned!
    04-04-2018 01:40 PM
    I wonder if there's a way to gather this list and maybe others and send a request to Samsung to add these features to a future update.
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-04-2018 07:06 PM
    did anyone else have their calculator disappear??
    04-04-2018 08:09 PM
    any setting change to get this feature back (as driving me angry) ??
    04-05-2018 02:45 PM
    did anyone else have their calculator disappear??
    No
    04-05-2018 02:59 PM
    Now that's a stopper for me. I use this to simulate mouse hover all the time in Firefox.

I'm hoping this is just something that needs to be updated per browser and Samsung accidentally forgot to inform the other browser providers early.
    04-05-2018 03:07 PM
    My Note 8 wouldn't record calls after the update. Downloaded several call recorders and none would work. I posted a message in the forum and was provided with a couple of call recorder apps. Tried Call Recorder by Skvalex and Total Call by Killer Mobile. Neither app recorded calls, not even my voice. Was provided a suggestion to use Automatic Call Recorder by Appliqato. It works well on my phone. Try that one.
    04-05-2018 03:31 PM
    My Note 8 wouldn't record calls after the update. Downloaded several call recorders and none would work. I posted a message in the forum and was provided with a couple of call recorder apps. Tried Call Recorder by Skvalex and Total Call by Killer Mobile. Neither app recorded calls, not even my voice. Was provided a suggestion to use Automatic Call Recorder by Appliqato. It works well on my phone. Try that one.
    Call Recorder by Skvalex was working for me up until Tuesday March 2nd. I just realized that all recordings over the last couple of days are empty. I can not seem to get it to work again. What is strange about that is that I updated to Oreo on Feb 23rd! It was working on Oreo from Feb 23rd until March 2nd (I have all those recordings still). I have no idea why it stopped working on Tuesday. I have messaged the developer. Sorry to have steered you wrong!
    04-05-2018 03:55 PM
    1) custom txt notification sounds for each person
    I installed a 3rd party messaging app (Textra) and that fixed the problem for me. Here's a list of some free apps you can use: https://m.androidcentral.com/best-text-messaging-apps
    06-12-2018 12:42 PM
    # 3) makes me angry too. It's very important to me to dismiss the notifications of the notification bar but keep the badges not to miss anything.
    10-10-2018 01:10 PM
    Now that's a stopper for me. I use this to simulate mouse hover all the time in Firefox.

I'm hoping this is just something that needs to be updated per browser and Samsung accidentally forgot to inform the other browser providers early.
    I tried to verify this but every single site I tried where I thought there might have been hover menus now requires click to open menu on the PC as well.

Do you have an example site that has hover menus without login required? I'd like to investigate further.

Cheers.
    10-10-2018 05:34 PM