The note update

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, I have a note 8 n950u, the device is AT&T and I use it with cricket, the phone is unlikely by AT&T and I did not get the update, any idea advice, thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! To get the official update, the phone has to be on the original carrier's network. So you could consider buying a prepaid month on AT&T just to get the update.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I've heard in the past that AT&T devices can't be flashed manually -- is this still the case, @strikeIII?
You can - I flashed Nougat onto my AT&T Marshmallow Galaxy S7 Active... it just didn't have the Security Update, which sucks! Then, when the actual AT&T Nougat OTA came out, I had to go back to Marshmallow (and I mean like four steps backwards) to get the legal version of Nougat WITH the Security Patch! That's why I waited this time for the Oreo OTA the right way... didn't want to go through that again!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you use Odin to flash?
If I recall, to flash, I just downloaded the file onto my phone's SD Card and used the same menu where the "Clear Cache Data" is to load the file. "Copy from SD Card" was the command if I remember correctly. I had to use Odin to go back to Marshmallow though.