So, I recently downloaded Android Oreo.

I did a factory reset and took screenshots of my battery activity today. I only had 2.5 hours of screen time (I keep my brightness at about 15% - 20%) and I barely used my phone while in my office.

I would like to keep Android System from running in the background, but when I turn it off, I find it back on following a phone restart...?

I have also found that none of my cache cleaners work anymore. Why is that?

Does this battery life look bad? I used to get better battery life.Is This Battery Life On Par With Android Oreo-screenshot_20180404-085250_settings.jpgIs This Battery Life On Par With Android Oreo-screenshot_20180404-091628_settings.jpgIs This Battery Life On Par With Android Oreo-screenshot_20180404-112544_settings.jpgIs This Battery Life On Par With Android Oreo-screenshot_20180404-131841_settings.jpgIs This Battery Life On Par With Android Oreo-screenshot_20180404-163436_settings.jpgIs This Battery Life On Par With Android Oreo-screenshot_20180404-185902_settings.jpgIs This Battery Life On Par With Android Oreo-screenshot_20180404-202028_settings.jpgIs This Battery Life On Par With Android Oreo-screenshot_20180404-213029_settings.jpgIs This Battery Life On Par With Android Oreo-screenshot_20180404-215828_settings.jpg
    04-04-2018 09:05 PM
    battery seems good, but get rid of those cleaners/boost apps. they are useless and do the opposite of what you want. you do not need them as android manages them for you. every time you use a cleaner your phone has to build up what you just deleted, wasting battery and data.
    Malwayrebytes is also useless unless you visit sketchy sites or download stuff you shouldn't. Is limewire still around? Work would be another reason.
    jimd1050, Dankees and j_hansen like this.
    04-04-2018 09:24 PM
    battery seems good, but get rid of those cleaners/boost apps. they are useless and do the opposite of what you want. you do not need them as android manages them for you. every time you use a cleaner your phone has to build up what you just deleted, wasting battery and data.
    Malwayrebytes is also useless unless you visit sketchy sites or download stuff you shouldn't. Is limewire still around? Work would be another reason.
    I agree with Dooki... my charts look similar and maybe even a bit better but I don't use mine as much either!
    Dankees likes this.
    04-04-2018 11:01 PM
    How come they are now useless?

Also, how do I keep Android System from always running in the background?

Do any of these cleaners work?
    04-05-2018 05:49 AM
    How come they are now useless?

Also, how do I keep Android System from always running in the background?

Do any of these cleaners work?
    Cleaner and booster apps are useless because instead of making your phone faster or save more battery, they make it slower and use more battery. Every time those boosters clear the RAM, the phone will just bring the apps back to RAM because that's how the OS designed. Apps use less battery and are faster when started from hibernation in RAM compared to started from scratch. Over time the phone learns which apps you open the most and keeps those loaded. Cleaner apps screw the OS by always cleaning them out. Also, the phone has its own cleaner if you need one under Settings>Device Managment. It would work better without screwing the system that anything you download.

As for Android system, you seem to not understand your own question. The Android system is the operating system. Stopping Android system is basically turning the phone off. It's like asking how to run a computer with Windows or Linux turned off, or asking how to keep the engine from running on a car when you're not moving.
    04-05-2018 06:07 AM
    Cleaner and booster apps are useless because instead of making your phone faster or save more battery, they make it slower and use more battery. Every time those boosters clear the RAM, the phone will just bring the apps back to RAM because that's how the OS designed. Apps use less battery and are faster when started from hibernation in RAM compared to started from scratch. Over time the phone learns which apps you open the most and keeps those loaded. Cleaner apps screw the OS by always cleaning them out. Also, the phone has its own cleaner if you need one under Settings>Device Managment. It would work better without screwing the system that anything you download.

As for Android system, you seem to not understand your own question. The Android system is the operating system. Stopping Android system is basically turning the phone off. It's like asking how to run a computer with Windows or Linux turned off, or asking how to keep the engine from running on a car when you're not moving.
    I ditched mostly all of the cleaners and so far, it seems to work. Only 2% down in 20 minutes of screen time!

I didn't want to turn off Android System, but stop it from running in the background...? It keeps reseting upon restart.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    04-05-2018 06:11 AM
    Yes, it's good that you got rid of those cleaning apps... They do the opposite of what you want them to do! I am unsure if you can stop Android System from running in the background; as it needs to be running in order for the phone to function properly. Looks like you're getting better SOT already, though, which is awesome!
    04-05-2018 06:33 AM
    I ditched mostly all of the cleaners and so far, it seems to work. Only 2% down in 20 minutes of screen time!

I didn't want to turn off Android System, but stop it from running in the background...? It keeps reseting upon restart.

Same thing. If your phone is on, Android is on and running.
    anon(10092459) likes this.
    04-05-2018 06:34 AM

What would be your reasoning of have Android not running in the background?
    04-05-2018 07:02 AM
    Hi guys,

My usage since Oreo has been dismal at best. Please comment if you have any ideas what is happening here.

Thanks!
    Is This Battery Life On Par With Android Oreo-battery-usage.jpg
    04-05-2018 10:12 AM
    Hi guys,

My usage since Oreo has been dismal at best. Please comment if you have any ideas what is happening here.

Thanks!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	battery usage.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	282235
    "My Data Manager" could be one of the culprits... it's an awesome app for keeping track of your data usage but several reputable reviewers have stated in the past that it does eat up battery! Even though, something seems strange - have you cleared you cache data since you did the Oreo update? If not, definitely do that... if that doesn't help, I hate to say it, a Factory Data Reset may be necessary. Those numbers should be a lot higher than what you're showing on that screen...
    04-05-2018 01:18 PM

Android System IS the OS, the only way to stop it from running in the background is to turn the phone off. Of course this means that the phone is just a paperweight but at least you'll get infinite battery life!!!!
    Tsepz_GP and j_hansen like this.
    04-06-2018 09:32 AM
    "My Data Manager" could be one of the culprits... it's an awesome app for keeping track of your data usage but several reputable reviewers have stated in the past that it does eat up battery! Even though, something seems strange - have you cleared you cache data since you did the Oreo update? If not, definitely do that... if that doesn't help, I hate to say it, a Factory Data Reset may be necessary. Those numbers should be a lot higher than what you're showing on that screen...
    So after removing MDM, it was no help unfortunately.

Did the factory reset but I didn't restore from samsung account (apps, settings...)

Do you think it's safe to do a restore from Samsung Smart Switch now or is that part of the reason I ended up with this problem? I'd like to get all my apps back automatically if possible.

Thanks for your help
    04-06-2018 05:08 PM
    How's this looking?

Better?Is This Battery Life On Par With Android Oreo-screenshot_20180405-071242_settings.jpgIs This Battery Life On Par With Android Oreo-screenshot_20180405-104702_settings.jpgIs This Battery Life On Par With Android Oreo-screenshot_20180405-125044_settings.jpgIs This Battery Life On Par With Android Oreo-screenshot_20180405-145039_settings.jpgIs This Battery Life On Par With Android Oreo-screenshot_20180405-165622_settings.jpgIs This Battery Life On Par With Android Oreo-screenshot_20180405-195036_settings.jpgIs This Battery Life On Par With Android Oreo-screenshot_20180405-212414_settings.jpgIs This Battery Life On Par With Android Oreo-screenshot_20180405-215613_settings.jpgIs This Battery Life On Par With Android Oreo-screenshot_20180405-225034_settings.jpgIs This Battery Life On Par With Android Oreo-screenshot_20180406-095030_settings.jpg
    04-06-2018 08:13 PM
    Ditch the automatic cleaners from working in the background. It worked for me.
    04-06-2018 08:14 PM
    So after removing MDM, it was no help unfortunately.

Did the factory reset but I didn't restore from samsung account (apps, settings...)

Do you think it's safe to do a restore from Samsung Smart Switch now or is that part of the reason I ended up with this problem? I'd like to get all my apps back automatically if possible.

Thanks for your help
    Well, you can give it a try - [if the problem returns - then my suggestion would be to do the factory reset again and then install (ugh) one app at a time until you find the culprit! I know that zucks but something is causing the problem]
    04-06-2018 11:26 PM

But Android System is the OS. Best way to turn it off is turning the phone off.
    04-07-2018 05:37 AM