Google maps gps on oreo?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having an issue with slow gps acquisition after oreo update? Mine is really slow to show a gps location.
I just checked it after reading your question and I'm down in my basement office at my computer - less than half a second and it acquired on my AT&T Oreo Note 8, so "No" here in eastern Massachusetts!

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Forgot about the cache and data clearing. My wife and I use location sharing and we both have noticed the lag so to speak. Maps loading faster now. Just gotta do her phone too and see if that's the issue. You know how it goes. It ain't updating location fast enough for her.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Forgot about the cache and data clearing. My wife and I use location sharing and we both have noticed the lag so to speak. Maps loading faster now. Just gotta do her phone too and see if that's the issue. You know how it goes. It ain't updating location fast enough for her.
Hopefully, that'll do it... good luck!

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have wifi on. I have it set to high accuracy. Its definitely the update to oreo. Seems they gave us the same crappy version everyone got last year. Had all kinds of bugs including gps issues along with lag, battery, aod, and a slew of others. Why they did not give us 8.1 which fixed all that I don't know.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Slow GPS acquisition (it should be about 3 seconds for a warm start) on a Samsung can sometimes be cured by:

Open the Phone, as if you were going to make a phone call and dial -
*#9090# -- Diagnostic Configuration (*#197328640# if that doesn't work)
Menu, select Key Input, enter Q
Menu, select Key Input, enter 0000
Wait for the next menu. (It takes a while.)
UMTS->COMMON->NV REBUILD->NV REBUILD->SYSTEM->PROTOCOL->GPS->IMS
or, if you don't have UMTS:
UE SETTINGS & INFO->SETTING->SYSTEM->NV REBUILD->ALL

Restart the phone.

(If it doesn't work, it doesn't harm anything, so you have nothing to lose.)

James Hwang

Apr 11, 2018
Visit site
YES!!!! I'm having the same issue with my GPS. It takes forever to find anything and that's when it actually works. The other half the time it doesn't work at all. Android is just GARBAGE!!!!!
Never again will I buy another Android cell phones. Just pure 100% GARBAGE!!!

James Hwang

Apr 11, 2018
Visit site
It's because Android = GARBAGE!!!! Never had a cell phone that has had this much issues. I've only had the Note 8 for 4 months now and it's TERRIBLE!!!!! First time jumping ship on iPhone to go with Samsung Android phone and NEVER AGAIN will I purchase an Android POS Garbage!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's because Android = GARBAGE!!!! Never had a cell phone that has had this much issues. I've only had the Note 8 for 4 months now and it's TERRIBLE!!!!! First time jumping ship on iPhone to go with Samsung Android phone and NEVER AGAIN will I purchase an Android POS Garbage!

You are welcome to not like the phone but you don't have to spam about it in every thread. Either take the phone in for an exchange or return it. I mean if you use common sense -- all the issues you have described aren't normal. If they were how would people be using Android phones out in the world? They wouldn't... so obviously something is wrong with yours (a.k.a a lemon). It can happen.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
It's not the phone, it's the oreo update. I'm dealing with it til I either back down to 7.1.1 or 8.1 comes out. Got a motorcycle to get ready and gps can wait. If your having that much of an issue just factory reset. I just ain't got the time to do it or I would.

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
i had an issue with maps not showing my starred locations after the oreo update. i uninstalled maps and reinstalled and all was fine. try that before doing a hard reset

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
i had an issue with maps not showing my starred locations after the oreo update. i uninstalled maps and reinstalled and all was fine. try that before doing a hard reset
Plus one for that. Seems something really messed up maps after the last update. Uninstalled and redownloaded fixed all of it now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad