06-28-2018 01:35 PM
26 12
tools
    Anyone having an issue with slow gps acquisition after oreo update? Mine is really slow to show a gps location.
    04-09-2018 01:11 PM
    Anyone having an issue with slow gps acquisition after oreo update? Mine is really slow to show a gps location.
    I just checked it after reading your question and I'm down in my basement office at my computer - less than half a second and it acquired on my AT&T Oreo Note 8, so "No" here in eastern Massachusetts!
    04-09-2018 01:16 PM
    Haven't had the issue with Google maps nor with Waze maps
    04-09-2018 01:30 PM
    I so don't want to reset but I may have no choice I see.
    04-09-2018 02:03 PM
    I so don't want to reset but I may have no choice I see.
    No issue here. VZW Note on Oreo.
    04-09-2018 02:29 PM
    Forgot about the cache and data clearing. My wife and I use location sharing and we both have noticed the lag so to speak. Maps loading faster now. Just gotta do her phone too and see if that's the issue. You know how it goes. It ain't updating location fast enough for her.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-09-2018 02:48 PM
    Forgot about the cache and data clearing. My wife and I use location sharing and we both have noticed the lag so to speak. Maps loading faster now. Just gotta do her phone too and see if that's the issue. You know how it goes. It ain't updating location fast enough for her.
    Hopefully, that'll do it... good luck!
    04-10-2018 12:25 AM
    Nope, no issues here
    04-10-2018 12:45 AM
    just tried mine and it was litteraly seconds to open maps - switch on location and fix me on the map
    04-10-2018 07:55 AM
    Do you have WiFi turned on? GPS locks can be slow without assisted GPS.
    04-10-2018 10:00 AM
    Yes I have wifi on. I have it set to high accuracy. Its definitely the update to oreo. Seems they gave us the same crappy version everyone got last year. Had all kinds of bugs including gps issues along with lag, battery, aod, and a slew of others. Why they did not give us 8.1 which fixed all that I don't know.
    04-10-2018 10:44 AM
    I cant figure out why some have issues and others don't. Mines been fine. Tmobile
    04-10-2018 08:02 PM
    Slow GPS acquisition (it should be about 3 seconds for a warm start) on a Samsung can sometimes be cured by:

Open the Phone, as if you were going to make a phone call and dial -
    *#9090# -- Diagnostic Configuration (*#197328640# if that doesn't work)
    Menu, select Key Input, enter Q
    Menu, select Key Input, enter 0000
    Wait for the next menu. (It takes a while.)
    UMTS->COMMON->NV REBUILD->NV REBUILD->SYSTEM->PROTOCOL->GPS->IMS
    or, if you don't have UMTS:
    UE SETTINGS & INFO->SETTING->SYSTEM->NV REBUILD->ALL

Restart the phone.

(If it doesn't work, it doesn't harm anything, so you have nothing to lose.)
    04-11-2018 01:01 PM
    YES!!!! I'm having the same issue with my GPS. It takes forever to find anything and that's when it actually works. The other half the time it doesn't work at all. Android is just GARBAGE!!!!!
    Never again will I buy another Android cell phones. Just pure 100% GARBAGE!!!
    04-11-2018 01:49 PM
    It's because Android = GARBAGE!!!! Never had a cell phone that has had this much issues. I've only had the Note 8 for 4 months now and it's TERRIBLE!!!!! First time jumping ship on iPhone to go with Samsung Android phone and NEVER AGAIN will I purchase an Android POS Garbage!
    04-11-2018 01:51 PM
    It's because Android = GARBAGE!!!! Never had a cell phone that has had this much issues. I've only had the Note 8 for 4 months now and it's TERRIBLE!!!!! First time jumping ship on iPhone to go with Samsung Android phone and NEVER AGAIN will I purchase an Android POS Garbage!
    You are welcome to not like the phone but you don't have to spam about it in every thread. Either take the phone in for an exchange or return it. I mean if you use common sense -- all the issues you have described aren't normal. If they were how would people be using Android phones out in the world? They wouldn't... so obviously something is wrong with yours (a.k.a a lemon). It can happen.
    toenail_flicker and king like this.
    04-11-2018 01:58 PM
    It's not the phone, it's the oreo update. I'm dealing with it til I either back down to 7.1.1 or 8.1 comes out. Got a motorcycle to get ready and gps can wait. If your having that much of an issue just factory reset. I just ain't got the time to do it or I would.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    04-11-2018 03:13 PM
    Well FDR didn't fix the issue!
    wdfrancis58 likes this.
    04-14-2018 09:13 PM
    i had an issue with maps not showing my starred locations after the oreo update. i uninstalled maps and reinstalled and all was fine. try that before doing a hard reset
    jgraves1107 likes this.
    04-18-2018 07:50 AM
    i had an issue with maps not showing my starred locations after the oreo update. i uninstalled maps and reinstalled and all was fine. try that before doing a hard reset
    Plus one for that. Seems something really messed up maps after the last update. Uninstalled and redownloaded fixed all of it now.
    05-22-2018 11:18 AM
    The only quirk I have had with Google Maps, and that's before and after Oreo, is that a moment after I press start to begin a navigation the app will say, "You're back online" even though it never really appears that it ever was offline when telling it the address, finding it and estimating the ETA and pressing start. No effect to performance and not all the time but it's an annoying quirk.

Otherwise works great. Looking forward to update where I can change my car in the map lol

https://www.androidauthority.com/goo...update-868028/
    05-22-2018 01:39 PM
    Verizon Note 8, and I'm not having any issues with GPS.

OP - Are you having GPS issues everywhere, or just in certain areas?

I HAVE had GPS accuracy issues in the past (pre-Oreo) and I've usually chocked it up to electromagnetic interference, because after a while it would clear itself up.

Google also pushed out an update a few days (a week?) ago; that may be a cause too.
    05-23-2018 04:54 PM
    No I'm having the same issue show up again after the new update. Icon for sharing gone again. Slow gps acquisition. Battery draining again. It appears after every update since oreo I have to uninstall and reinstall maps. So to fix the issue my wife and have I bought us both an iphone x. Solves that issue for us. Not giving up on our N8'S just need certain things to work that just aren't since oreo.
    05-28-2018 03:47 AM
    Anyone having issues with Google Maps using or try the beta version? They update the beta pretty often so I don't know how many revisions it is ahead of the current release but it may help.

I personally haven't had any performance issues with Maps except the quirk I noted above. But I have been using the beta version since I got my Note 8 months ago.

No I'm having the same issue show up again after the new update. Icon for sharing gone again. Slow gps acquisition. Battery draining again. It appears after every update since oreo I have to uninstall and reinstall maps. So to fix the issue my wife and have I bought us both an iphone x. Solves that issue for us. Not giving up on our N8'S just need certain things to work that just aren't since oreo.
    05-28-2018 09:09 AM
    Anyone having issues with Google Maps using or try the beta version? They update the beta pretty often so I don't know how many revisions it is ahead of the current release but it may help.

I personally haven't had any performance issues with Maps except the quirk I noted above. But I have been using the beta version since I got my Note 8 months ago.
    May have to try that. Need to find out which firmware exactly for the bestbuy unlocked I need. Thought about trying a firmware load from Odin to see if that fixes the oreo issues. But of course it can't be simple for Samsung to put up a proper list. So I am confused as to which file to download from them.
    05-28-2018 10:53 AM
26 12