I'm lost here, settings> software information >build number, now once in build number comes an screen that ask for a password. I never sign or create a password for entering build number before 8.0 (Oreo) upgrade. Can't enter build number, if someone know anything about this.
    04-12-2018 04:04 AM
    I'm lost here, settings> software information >build number, now once in build number comes an screen that ask for a password. I never sign or create a password for entering build number before 8.0 (Oreo) upgrade. Can't enter build number, if someone know anything about this.
    On my phone the build number is already there and can not be changed. Pressing it repeatedly for 7 times, releases only the developers options.
    04-12-2018 05:11 AM
    On my phone the build number is already there and can not be changed. Pressing it repeatedly for 7 times, releases only the developers options.
    Same - build number is already displayed. Don't have to tap on it.
    04-12-2018 05:17 AM
    Same - build number is already displayed. Don't have to tap on it.
    OK, sorry for not explaining myself more accurately. The password asking is for entering developer options. Never before I was asked for a pasword to enter developer options. I tried to take an screen shot of the password asking screen but don't let me, appears something like "for security you can't take an screen shot"
    04-12-2018 07:41 AM
    Go into secure folder and see if you mistakenly added something to it.
    04-12-2018 08:10 AM
    Go into secure folder and see if you mistakenly added something to it.
    Never used Secure Folder, as a matter of fact it's disabled.
    Attached Thumbnails No more access to build number after 8.0 upgrade.-1798.jpg  
    04-12-2018 10:17 AM
    As soon as I touch the build number it tells me that developer option is already enabled.
    04-12-2018 10:48 AM
    If you have a passcode set to unlock your phone use that. Unlocked mine with my pin I use to unlock.
    04-12-2018 10:52 AM
    If you have a passcode set to unlock your phone use that. Unlocked mine with my pin I use to unlock.
    That's was the first thing I did when the asking password screen appears. No way, don't recognize it. I don't know if this is something related to my mobile carrier AT&T, really don't know. The last months I been to busy at the office, I can't be at any Android forum.
    04-12-2018 02:05 PM
    You may have a virus on your phone - Android doesn't ask for a password at that point. Clear up the virus/malware first, then you shouldn't need a password. (Giving you the passwords to try - and there are a couple I can think of - could send them to whoever wrote the virus, causing you all sorts of problems.)
    04-12-2018 04:37 PM
    That's was the first thing I did when the asking password screen appears. No way, don't recognize it. I don't know if this is something related to my mobile carrier AT&T, really don't know. The last months I been to busy at the office, I can't be at any Android forum.
    Sorry, no idea what's going on there.
    04-12-2018 05:18 PM
    You may have a virus on your phone - Android doesn't ask for a password at that point. Clear up the virus/malware first, then you shouldn't need a password. (Giving you the passwords to try - and there are a couple I can think of - could send them to whoever wrote the virus, causing you all sorts of problems.)
    Oreo requires your passcode for developer options if you set a passcode to unlock your phone. It is not a virus.
    04-12-2018 05:27 PM
    Oreo requires your passcode for developer options if you set a passcode to unlock your phone. It is not a virus.
    Hello, that's the thing here I don't remember setting a password code to enter developer options. I got a basic password for open the phone, that's all. I wrote this basic password but the asking password screen don't recognize it. I'm not a young dude going here there and everywhere at Internet catching some kind of virus so that made me think the possibility of the OTA upgrade to 8.0(Oreo) got something to do with this issue. Already applied Cache Partition and Data Factory Reset and no fix at all. I don't see any malfunction on my Note 8 on the contrary is fast and solid, not using a third party launcher, browser or e-mail. The only is SwiftKey keyboard, just that. It's the first time in years and a long list of formers Android phones that something like this happens. I remember that before the 8.0 OTA upgrade there's was not password issue to enter to developer options. We'll you know S.... happens sometimes in life and I'm to old to freak out by this issue. I like Android, as said lots of formers phones included in that list a Google Nexus 5, Pixel XL, Samsung Galaxy's S6 and S8+. Not going to IOS Platform, my wife Iphone X is great phone but I just paid for it. In the next months when the Note 9 arrives at AT&T I will buy it cause as said I like my Note 8 experience and this is my first Note in a long list of phones. Let's see how many Notes (years) I will have.
    04-12-2018 06:11 PM
    Ok guy's, first thanks to all you that answer my post. I found a fix, went to lock screen and security and select none at screen lock type, then enter developer options without the password asking screen and changed the Transition Animation Scale to 0.5(that's what my only objective). So everything is fine again. Thanks Android Central and thanks to all you guys.
    04-12-2018 09:11 PM
    Ok guy's, first thanks to all you that answer my post. I found a fix, went to lock screen and security and select none at screen lock type, then enter developer options without the password asking screen and changed the Transition Animation Scale to 0.5(that's what my only objective). So everything is fine again. Thanks Android Central and thanks to all you guys.
    Yeah its probably a bug causing password not to work. Heck my finger print scanner quits working all the time now.
    04-12-2018 09:15 PM
    Yeah its probably a bug causing password not to work. Heck my finger print scanner quits working all the time now.
    Sorry to hear that, bugs after Platform upgrades can turn out bad things like this one regarding password lock type or finger screen scanner. I answer to your first post, then went for a long walk follow by a hot shower and then my old brain lights up. NO LOCK TYPE PASSWORD NO PROBLEMS. Take a look at the screen shot, inside developer option, transition animation scale changed to 0.5x so I'm in peace of mind. Thank you again.
    04-12-2018 09:27 PM