Awesome battery life! Note 8

Mikoman

May 9, 2018
Visit site
Hi All,

I must say i am really confused now. i wanted to buy the note 8 , but now i'm note sure.
Mainly because of the Battery issue.
Some saying that after upgrading to Orero the had better and some worse battery issues.

can you help me decide ?

Thanks

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I just plugged my phone into the charger. But it was up and running all day, over 18 hours, with 2 hours of screen on time, and the battery was down to a bit over 50%. I have the AOD turned off, run the screen brightness on auto, trained to be sort of low, but very readable. I consider this to be fine battery life. Theoretically, I could run for 36 hours with 4 hours of screen-on time to get down to zero battery power if that pattern holds true.

But there are a lot of variables.

For example: If you are in an area with low signal strength for the cell system, then the transmitter in the phone adjusts its power upwards to compensate because the signal path is, of course, the same in both directions. So that eats battery faster. The same may be true for WiFi, but I'm not sure.

I leave my GPS off, don't have bluetooth on, etc.

But I have power saving switched off, and run the screen in the highest resolution. So I could take steps to reduce power use a lot further. But I've seen no need, since the battery has been holding up just fine.

I did no factory reset after the Oreo upgrade, but I did clear the cache. I guess I feel lucky and have no complaints before or after Oreo.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
On my daily runner Note 8 I didn't factory reset after the Oreo update either, just cleared cache, battery life went down quite noticable the first few days but after also getting the April security patch/update things have improved and pretty much back to normal, I easily get a full 16hour day with 7-8 hour SOT and that is running high performance mode only.
location and bluetooth always off unless I need it but wifi and mobile date always on

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

I must say i am really confused now. i wanted to buy the note 8 , but now i'm note sure.
Some saying that after upgrading to Orero the had better and some worse battery issues.

can you help me decide ?

Thanks

I run BT, GPS, NFC with BT connected to my wear OS watch and also use Samsung pay regularly. A minimum of 4 and half hours SOT is for sure. Standby time improved and much better now after few days in to oreo update. I did FR after oreo update. With fast and wireless charging and decent battery life you should not worry to own a beast. I used to get a minimum of 5 hours SOT on nougat. Hope April security patch will fix it but not a deal breaker at this time.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
On my daily runner Note 8 I didn't factory reset after the Oreo update either, just cleared cache, battery life went down quite noticable the first few days but after also getting the April security patch/update things have improved and pretty much back to normal, I easily get a full 16hour day with 7-8 hour SOT and that is running high performance mode only.
location and bluetooth always off unless I need it but wifi and mobile date always on
How did you clear he cache

Jrome.brooks

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I had my N8 out the charger since 400am this morning
a4c47c510e889b79b5cc7712e015bfc6.jpg

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

can you help me decide ?

Thanks

My note 8 has the same battery life as my s8+ had. I love this phone and I have only had it for 2 weeks

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

can you help me decide ?

Thanks
You really can't rely solely on feedback in a forum. Should you consider it? Of course, but remember that for every person here complaining about this or that, there are countless other users with no issues that you don't hear from. People don't hunt down a Note 8 forum to say "hey, all is great!".

That being said, hey, all is great with my note 8 running Oreo. I don't mess with settings to handicap my phone and I get a full day of use out of my Note 8. Everyone uses their phone different so that shouldn't mean much to you. I get about 4.5 - 5 hours SOT daily depending on what I happen to be doing that day.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
The reason why we have forums on phones is to compare and contrast how people run there phones and bounce ideas off of one another to make the phone experience better for all. Everyone uses there phones different but we all use our phones; if I'm getting 8 hours heavy usage and someone else is getting 12 hours I wanna know why and what am I doing wrong lol

Ramy Adly

Sep 15, 2018
Visit site
Dear all,
I have an issue in note 8, now when the battery reaching 25% or 22% the charging is going down very fast, like 3 or 4 minutes to go from 22% into 8% and then the mobile powerd off automaticaly with 0%.
I need your urgent feedback.

craeshe

Jan 8, 2018
Visit site
Dear all,
I have an issue in note 8, now when the battery reaching 25% or 22% the charging is going down very fast, like 3 or 4 minutes to go from 22% into 8% and then the mobile powerd off automaticaly with 0%.
I need your urgent feedback.

You need to recalibrate your battery. There are apps for that. Your battery thinks it has more battery than is actually there.