Awesome battery life! Note 8

craeshe

Jan 8, 2018
Visit site
Felt the need to share. I've never had a phone where I could get 5 hours + screen time on a charge.

What are y'all getting?

Attachments

• 656.jpg
    656.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 636

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Even way better than that. I'm still on Nougat and refuse to update to Oreo because of all the issues I'm seeing here on the forums. This screenshot was from a few days ago.
6a85530ba0c04777d70d898f1e0cc743.jpg

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I was getting an easy six hours SOT on Nougat, sometimes pushing seven hours. Now under Oreo, I'm getting five hours SOT, sometimes pushing hard to get six hours. Partition cache cleared before and after update, running clean phone no social media. Battery's SOT still good, but definitely lost approximately 10-15% due to update. We'll continue to see how things go with battery.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I had my phone off the charger since 515am it's almost 300pm and I've been on YouTube, texting being on the internet is this good battery life to you guys
d53d24af80bd435a300ec8546ec729b7.jpg

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
My battery life tanked after oreo update. But after FR two days back, it seems to be as good if not better than Nougat. Also, no more McAfee notification when you do device maintenance and can optimize to 100% instead on 90%. I will keep posted on this.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
My battery life tanked after oreo update. But after FR two days back, it seems to be as good if not better than Nougat. Also, no more McAfee notification when you do device maintenance and can optimize to 100% instead on 90%. I will keep posted on this.
Maybe there was something left over that was causing you an issue. My battery on Oreo is fine. I really don't see it as better or worse than Nougat. I am lucky that no FR was necessary. I actually flashed twice - using Odin. First the stable "leak" that was floating around, and then again to get on to the proper official VZW build once that became available. Saw no difference between the two - with both running very smooth.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I was getting an easy six hours SOT on Nougat, sometimes pushing seven hours. Now under Oreo, I'm getting five hours SOT, sometimes pushing hard to get six hours. Partition cache cleared before and after update, running clean phone no social media. Battery's SOT still good, but definitely lost approximately 10-15% due to update. We'll continue to see how things go with battery.
Mine was like that right after the Oreo update but it's pretty much back to normal now, and all I did was clear cache a few times!

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Also notification badges weren't working for Samsung mail client which fixed after FR. I don't remember adding app pair to home screen option before FR and I do see it now. Do you guys have it?

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Every 10% battery was about 2 hours with 1 hour SOT for me on Nougat, been a little bit less since Oreo update a few days ago but seem to stabalise/improve now

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Also notification badges weren't working for Samsung mail client which fixed after FR. I don't remember adding app pair to home screen option before FR and I do see it now. Do you guys have it?

I'm not seeing that. How are you getting that to work? That would be handy.

Nevermind, I see it now. You have to activate that app pair, and then it comes up. That is new! Thanks.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Maybe there was something left over that was causing you an issue. My battery on Oreo is fine. I really don't see it as better or worse than Nougat. I am lucky that no FR was necessary. I actually flashed twice - using Odin. First the stable "leak" that was floating around, and then again to get on to the proper official VZW build once that became available. Saw no difference between the two - with both running very smooth.
I feel the same about the battery, it's the same as Nougat.

I did the Oreo update via OTA, no issues at all. :)

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Never Got good battery life with My Note 8....would be done is 9 hrs with 3 to 4hrs sot ..switched to S9+ getting 2 days battery life...

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
it took four factory resets and now the battery finally doesn't stuck and everything works now. battery is better than it ever had been.

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
it took four factory resets and now the battery finally doesn't stuck and everything works now. battery is better than it ever had been.
The most accurate way to see what is causing the issue is to install one app at a time and wait a while between each... When the problem has come back - then you know the last change caused the issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma