I just started having this issue with my camera today that I've noticed. I will go into the quick launch which I use 99% of the time I also experienced it while just trying to access the camera the old-fashioned way through the app. It'll just come up with a screen like I have it pointed at a block wall but it's not I'm just trying to take a photo somewhere like I always do. I'm going to go in later and clear the cache on the app and I might do the clear the cache in the recovery screen as well or wipe the cache in the recovery screen that is

I have missed two or three pretty good shots today because the camera did this where it just came up with a black screen and not what I was actually looking at
    04-14-2018 03:20 PM
    I just started having this issue with my camera today that I've noticed. I will go into the quick launch which I use 99% of the time I also experienced it while just trying to access the camera the old-fashioned way through the app. It'll just come up with a screen like I have it pointed at a block wall but it's not I'm just trying to take a photo somewhere like I always do. I'm going to go in later and clear the cache on the app and I might do the clear the cache in the recovery screen as well or wipe the cache in the recovery screen that is

I have missed two or three pretty good shots today because the camera did this where it just came up with a black screen and not what I was actually looking athttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b4b67817b1.jpg
    You have to factory reset your device
    04-14-2018 04:26 PM
    You have to factory reset your device
    Have you seen this happen before. I did the clear cache in camera. Shut it off turned it on and it appeared to work. But I decided to wipe the cache from recovery screen as well. It seems to work for now.
    04-14-2018 04:29 PM
    It happen to my N8 including everything else I factory reset everything !! It was a pain in the *** getting everything back but it was worth it my N8 is much faster smoother I really don't need to upgrade next year
    04-14-2018 04:37 PM
    It happen to my N8 including everything else I factory reset everything !! It was a pain in the *** getting everything back but it was worth it my N8 is much faster smoother I really don't need to upgrade next year
    What's sad is I've had this note 8 for maybe 2 weeks, got it new at Tmobile. Did the oreo update shortly after. No camera trouble till today.
    04-14-2018 04:54 PM
    I get this screen with my secondary camera app if I open the samsung camera app first. I like to take pics with both so I have options. if I open the secondary app first no black screen when I open the samsung camera app. if I get the black screen and reboot it goes away unless I ope the samsung app first again.
    04-14-2018 05:05 PM
    I've only been using the stock camera app
    04-14-2018 05:54 PM
    I did the clear cache in camera. Shut it off turned it on and it appeared to work. But I decided to wipe the cache from recovery screen as well. It seems to work for now.
    I always start with the simple non-destructive stuff first, power off the device and power back on. If that doesn’t work, clear app cache and data. If still no joy, wipe system cache in recovery. Last resort being the nuclear option of a full device reset. Generally one of the first three does the trick though. Seems like you issue is solved for now. I’d not worry about it unless it happens again.
    04-14-2018 06:07 PM
    I've only been using the stock camera app
    I understand, but the potential for the issue exists, which is why I'm sharing.
    04-15-2018 04:48 AM
    This came up. Never had this issue before. Have been able to take photos whenever I want without this message popping up. 🤨
    04-15-2018 08:30 AM
    Have you installed an app recently that required camera permissions?
    04-15-2018 08:56 AM
    Have you installed an app recently that required camera permissions?
    Yes it was a second workout app but I made sure that nothing was running in the background. My other work at Apple so requires camera for used but neither one of these was in you set the time I was trying to take photos
    04-15-2018 09:11 AM
    Also what's dumb is the issue went away again when I restarted the phone. I don't want to restart the phone all the time just to get the damn camera to work
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    04-15-2018 09:11 AM
    Also what's dumb is the issue went away again when I restarted the phone. I don't want to restart the phone all the time just to get the damn camera to work
    Could be one of those apps or some other is tying up the camera in the background. The restart may temporarily clear it until the app goes active again. Go into settings, then apps, then tap the three dot menu in upper right corner and select permissions, scroll down and select camera. Turn off an app at a time and see if the issues clears. If that clears it up you’ll know which app is causing the problem.
    04-15-2018 09:18 AM
    Okay I turn the camera permission off for a few apps and I also uninstalled Textra. I use the stock app most of the time and had textra on standby as a backup because occasionally the stock app wasn't working
    04-15-2018 09:24 AM
    Okay I turn the camera permission off for a few apps and I also uninstalled Textra. I use the stock app most of the time and had textra on standby as a backup because occasionally the stock app wasn't working
    I have used Textra a long time. I feel very confident saying that Textra is not the cause of the issue that you are experiencing.
    04-15-2018 09:26 AM
    and I have never gotten that message. probably because I have things blocked. nice to know this is the issue. thanks.
    04-15-2018 09:34 AM
    Didn't you get rid of your Note 8 for an S9+?

What's sad is I've had this note 8 for maybe 2 weeks, got it new at Tmobile. Did the oreo update shortly after. No camera trouble till today.
    04-15-2018 06:42 PM
    Also, I haven't had any issues with camera but if you want to avoid resetting a bit longer, you can always try sideloading the latest version of Samsung Camera.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsun...-6-25-release/
    04-15-2018 06:50 PM
    It's been fine since yesterday.
    mhunter6378 likes this.
    04-16-2018 05:17 AM
    Sounds like it's the workout app you had. Textra doesn't mess with things like this.

Since the workout app required camera now since that's the most recent change that is most likely the cause.
    04-16-2018 07:47 AM