This individual notification for contacts thing

dakotanut

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I know it's been covered but I cant find it. What do I need to do to have notifications for my contacts? Dont like the same one for everyone. Thanks.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I used to love hancent, can't stand it now.
Mood messenger doesn't show links the way I want, and light manager can't control the LED per contact.

SMS popup works fine, but you can't have the screen turn on unless you want the actual popup, which I do not.

I hate the ads in textra, and I don't want to purchase it just to have Samsung put the feature back in the contacts app. However, if I knew the feature was gone for good, textra would probably be my choice for replacement.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed, if you have textra set to show ads in the top of convo, the ad only shows up after sending in that text.
If you go back into that conversation the ad is gone.

Last edited:

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
even with the paid version they repeatedly spam you with the dumb bot. you can't get rid of it and I don't consider it a feature

I have the paid version and never get an ad. The only time the bot posts a message is when the app has been updated. It gives you the release notes for that new version. I find that very helpful.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the paid version and never get an ad. The only time the bot posts a message is when the app has been updated. It gives you the release notes for that new version. I find that very helpful.
I find it unhelpful since the only way to make it go away is to delete it, over and over and over and over. none of my other apps find it necessary to bot me to give release notes. which means it's not necessary, but rather an intrusion into my space. it's a personal preference thing.

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I also have the paid version. The bot is way down in my list out of the way. I haven't had any interface with it at all. I get no ads and forgot all about the bot in fact. I have no issues with the paid version.