I'm looking to buy a Note 8 on Swappa and am new to buying phones from third parties. The price on used mint condition and even some "new unopened" Notes makes it possible to consider finally owning one. The worry I have is if I buy this phone from Swappa, Ebay, Craigslist, etc. I'm taking a big chance on peace of mind knowing that I can get it fixed from Samsung or even Tmo, my carrier. So my question is this: Does the remaining warranty life still apply to a third person buyer or once the phone changes hands from the original purchaser to someone else, that warranty coverage is gone and you basically have no warranty coverage?
    04-14-2018 05:28 PM
    Technically speaking, you'd have no warranty.

www.samsung.com/levant/support/warranty/

Warranty Guide

1. This warranty is confined to the first purchaser of the product only.
    Of course, you could always still try to get a defect claimed under warranty. I wouldn't expect them to honor it, and the worse they could say is no anyway.
    04-14-2018 05:39 PM
    I'm looking to buy a Note 8 on Swappa and am new to buying phones from third parties. The price on used mint condition and even some "new unopened" Notes makes it possible to consider finally owning one. The worry I have is if I buy this phone from Swappa, Ebay, Craigslist, etc. I'm taking a big chance on peace of mind knowing that I can get it fixed from Samsung or even Tmo, my carrier. So my question is this: Does the remaining warranty life still apply to a third person buyer or once the phone changes hands from the original purchaser to someone else, that warranty coverage is gone and you basically have no warranty coverage?
    Swappa offers a Used Device Protection Plan
    04-14-2018 06:34 PM
    if the seller gives you the original invoice you might have a better chance
    04-15-2018 03:09 AM
    I'll sell my note 8 to you.
    04-15-2018 07:44 AM
    Verizon has enforced the original purchaser rule. Original receipt means nothing, they track the IMEI number.
    04-15-2018 10:40 AM