Split screen issues

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

In having freezing problems with the split-screen function after getting the update to android 8.0.
It works fine when I split the between to apps, but as soon as o close one of them and doesn't matter which... it freezes and never recovers. The only way I can get my phone to work again is to restart it.
Have any one experienced this?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Might help if you tell us which phone you're referring to. Have you tried clearing your phone's cache (booting into recovery mode and clearing cache, NOT data)? It's always a good first-step and a good idea to do, especially after an update.

Hamid Nourestani

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Might help if you tell us which phone you're referring to. Have you tried clearing your phone's cache (booting into recovery mode and clearing cache, NOT data)? It's always a good first-step and a good idea to do, especially after an update.

It's a note8 and i just did what you suggested...clearing the cache. It didn't help unfortunately.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you run the phone in Safe Mode, does it do the same? I just tried with a T-Mobile Note 8 (updated) and didn't see the issue.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Well i have issues... Do you have any solutions to this problem?

My testing proves that it isn't a systemic problem affecting everyone. It is something related to your configuration or circumstance.

You could try a factory reset, install only these apps to ensure that they are working properly and then install other items to see what may be interfering with the proper operation.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just FYI, the Facebook app has never worked properly in MultiWindow (it even pops up that message when you first make it split or 'float' per session). It's never frozen the phone in my case, but it does glitch out, app freezes, or it just plain won't open unless you open it in normal mode and THEN go to split screen. Summoning the app from the Multitasking menu also glitches out every now and then (app won't open from the open app history, it has to be re-spawned directly from the app shortcut).

YouTube hasn't given me problems.

If it's always those two apps, try the usual: clear cache for each app, or uninstall/reboot/re-install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae