T-Mobile confirms Note8 Oreo update "on hold"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I've had the update for a while now, on Sprint, and could have waited, I must send 50 reports a day for apps crashing. You would think that the apps would be optimized by now with Android P almost out.

Slicc98

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Yup. It appears t mobile might be the only carrier to see an issue with Oreo. Oreo is far from perfect, some get lucky no issues, others not so lucky

It’s weird. I bought a Verizon Note 8 to use on Tmobile. After the 8.0 update, my carrier screen switched to Tmobile. It hadn’t done that before and I had it for MONTHS.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
From what I have read about Oreo I don't ever want it. I hope P is better. Updates used to provide more and more control of phone and new options. Seems like now they provide less and less like what genius decided it best that we not know exactly what is draining our batteries. Used to ID the exact culprit. Now virtually everything is under Android System or some other heading so no way to tell which app has run amuck.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
From what I have read about Oreo I don't ever want it. I hope P is better. Updates used to provide more and more control of phone and new options. Seems like now they provide less and less like what genius decided it best that we not know exactly what is draining our batteries. Used to ID the exact culprit. Now virtually everything is under Android System or some other heading so no way to tell which app has run amuck.

No issues with Android O on my Pixel 2 XL. Sounds more like a Samsung-Android-O issue :p.

PS4EjectButton

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site

Plenty of information is provided about apps using battery. It's hardly everything under android system.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180426-162904_Samsung Experience Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20180426-162904_Samsung Experience Home.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20180426-162959_Device maintenance.jpg
    Screenshot_20180426-162959_Device maintenance.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 58

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
No issues with Android O on my Pixel 2 XL. Sounds more like a Samsung-Android-O issue :p.

It's weird, I ran the leaked beta for weeks with no issues, I've had the official tmobile update since day one, and I have no problems. Its sucks that so many other people are running into issues, I'm glad I got lucky, but what a bummer for so many people.

mlbrowninsc

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I flash the T-Mobile version to mine. Battery is not as good with android services always the second behind the screen. I’ve had some app crashes as well.

Haven’t been able to pinpoint the issue. Don’t really want to reset and start over. For now back on my 7 plus.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
It's now May 1, and T-Mobile's Oreo update is still on "temporary hold" from a month ago, with no word on when it'll be re-released. Users who didn't get Oreo when it was briefly available are still on the Jan 1 Android security patch, now four months out of date.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Wonder if the hold has something to do with the AT&T merger. Maybe tmobile is planning something for those who didn't get it yet.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: T-Mobile confirms Note8 Oreo update "on hold"

Wonder if the hold has something to do with the AT&T merger. Maybe tmobile is planning something for those who didn't get it yet.
Wondering what AT$T has to do with T-Mobile and the Oreo update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke