Issues with new Note8

heath patrick

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have this or know a fix. Events from my calendar that I have set to give me a notification more time's than not does not sound. When I open up my phone several minutes later then it will notify me.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have this or know a fix. Events from my calendar that I have set to give me a notification more time's than not does not sound. When I open up my phone several minutes later then it will notify me.
By any chance could you have unintentionally turned on "Do not disturb" mode? For a while I had the shortcut in the first row, and would somehow accidentally turn it on when pulling down the notification shade. I moved it to the bottom.Screenshot_20180509-082934.jpg

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Also my text tone will not change. I have changed it a couple times setting it up but now it won't change.
Do you mean individual tones for specific contacts, or the tone for the app itself?

I know folks with Oreo could no longer change individual tones, but don't know if they had any issue with the overall text tone. I didn't install Oreo yet, and I use Yaata Messaging, so haven't run into this. But here's some info that may (or may not, lol!) be helpful:

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-get-custom-text-tones-back-your-samsung-after-android-oreo-update