06-03-2018 03:50 AM
36 12
tools
    Just wondering if it's only me, or if I actually see really good battery life with Oreo. I've noticed since the Oreo update, I've only needed to charge my phone at night. To put it into context, I'm a very heavy user, mobile hotspot running for a few hours to half the day at times, YouTube throughout the day, emails and multiple tread of group chat happening every moment. This thing is a powerhouse
    05-16-2018 01:29 AM
    Just wondering if it's only me, or if I actually see really good battery life with Oreo. I've noticed since the Oreo update, I've only needed to charge my phone at night. To put it into context, I'm a very heavy user, mobile hotspot running for a few hours to half the day at times, YouTube throughout the day, emails and multiple tread of group chat happening every moment. This thing is a powerhouse
    I'm noticing that also with the new security patch it's starting to be the note I want it to be
    05-16-2018 05:32 PM
    Yes, April patch made the difference.
    Super Dave426 likes this.
    05-16-2018 07:19 PM
    Nope, mine is still lousy. Needs a top up around 4pm, otherwise I would get home at around 6 with 5% left or smth.
    05-19-2018 07:05 AM
    Mine went down about 15-20% on battery life after Oreo, then after also getting the april update it stabilised and is on par with what I had before Oreo
    05-19-2018 08:01 AM
    Yep, it's pretty decent. However I use my Note8 harder than I have ever used any of my previous phones, so I usually top up during the day anyway as I stream all day via Apple Music, have location on High Accuracy, BT always on and connected to Headset and Car when driving, Google Now always going etc wtc...
    05-19-2018 12:38 PM
    Here's what I got a couple of days ago. This is after the Oreo update, no power-saving mode, full res display settings, both bluetooth and wi-fi turned on. As you can see, I am not a heavy user, but during this time period, I used the phone as I normally do: I took/made a few calls, medium texting, reminders, etc. This is my typical usage.

Really good battery life after Oreo?-screenshot_20180517-160410_settings.jpg
    05-19-2018 01:45 PM
    Mine is pretty bad. By noon is almost dead. I'm really upset so I ditch it and I'm now using my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 which lasts almost 2 days. And I'm on April update on the Note. Hope some update comes out to fix it otherwise I'll sell it .
    05-20-2018 04:53 AM
    I haven't been paying attention to my battery life. Which means it's either really good, or that it sucks and I'm used to it. Probably the former.
    PAC757 likes this.
    05-20-2018 01:01 PM
    I haven't been paying attention to my battery life. Which means it's either really good, or that it sucks and I'm used to it. Probably the former.
    My battery life seems to be worse since the Oreo update. I use the phone exactly as I did before the update and have had several occasions where it's down to 5 or 8 % by 9 pm. Before the update I do not remember one time where I didn't make it through an entire day with 15 to 20% left.
    05-21-2018 09:21 PM
    05-22-2018 09:26 AM
    Well at least my N8 on Oreo lasted 2 hours longer than my S9P on Oreo...
    05-25-2018 11:26 AM
    I think we as note users are going about this battery life the wrong way like what time are you guys taking the phone out the charger when you got to work or anywhere and what time do you time do you charge it when its lower than 10% because if your N8 lasted more than a work day which means more 8 hours that's good battery life
    05-25-2018 08:23 PM
    I think we as note users are going about this battery life the wrong way like what time are you guys taking the phone out the charger when you got to work or anywhere and what time do you time do you charge it when its lower than 10% because if your N8 lasted more than a work day which means more 8 hours that's good battery life
    I couldn't agree with you more. I usually leave to work around 5am and use my phone with no reception on and off till about 7pm. By than, my phone us at 20%. I would say this is great battery life for the usage. Best part. Takes 1 hour to charge to full.
    05-26-2018 01:28 AM
    I leave home at 7.30 am. Everything activated, NFC, BT, 4G, WiFi. I make / receive around 75-80 calls for around 1, 1.5 hours. Receive and send around 50 emails, 50 Skype messages and 10 to 20 WhatsApps. I get home at 5pm, with around 2 hours screen on time and around 8 hrs of stand by. Usually at that time I have around 10% battery left. In busier days, I have to do a short top up around 3pm. That's extremely disappointing if you ask me.
    05-26-2018 01:58 AM
    I don't browse the Web, check and answer to some Tapatalk forums and check FB once or twice. No music, no YouTube, no pictures.

Definitely not a business phone.
    05-26-2018 02:00 AM
    Couldn't disagree more. I paid 950 for a phone that needs to be charged after 6 hours and all i am doing is streaming Bluetooth, talking and texting during work. Over 12% an hour doing that. If I play games I can lose 40% an hour.
    I'm on my third note 8, so either I have been unlucky or battery sucks. Ten hours of regular use is totally unacceptable.
    05-26-2018 02:56 AM
    I leave home at 7.30 am. Everything activated, NFC, BT, 4G, WiFi. I make / receive around 75-80 calls for around 1, 1.5 hours. Receive and send around 50 emails, 50 Skype messages and 10 to 20 WhatsApps. I get home at 5pm, with around 2 hours screen on time and around 8 hrs of stand by. Usually at that time I have around 10% battery left. In busier days, I have to do a short top up around 3pm. That's extremely disappointing if you ask me.
    So your saying 9 to maybe 10 hours of heavy use is bad battery life ?? Because your a heavy user iPhone don't even last that long n one charge
    05-27-2018 12:17 PM
    Couldn't care less about iPhones. I look at myself spending 1k on a piece of garbage that needs a top up during the day, in order to get home with some juice.
    05-27-2018 02:11 PM
    Couldn't care less about iPhones. I look at myself spending 1k on a piece of garbage that needs a top up during the day, in order to get home with some juice.
    That's exactly my point. Most probably my last Samsung. If this costs 1k and is supposed to be a work horse, why not a larger battery with 4 or 5000mAh?
    05-27-2018 02:54 PM
    That's exactly my point. Most probably my last Samsung. If this costs 1k and is supposed to be a work horse, why not a larger battery with 4 or 5000mAh?
    Well they dont want the phone to blow up lol
    And besides I have three chargers wireless one for my office a wired one for my car and it's fast charging so it not like it's going to take forever for it to charge up
    05-28-2018 06:27 PM
    Well they dont want the phone to blow up lol
    And besides I have three chargers wireless one for my office a wired one for my car and it's fast charging so it not like it's going to take forever for it to charge up
    While true, I have wireless chargers everywhere myself. What if you go hiking and take pics and video? Or to a fair and you spend hours walking around? Or even to a friends house and out to dinner? The answer should not be, turn on power saving mode (which kills google assistant), carry a portable charger, use it less, or give it a replaceable battery. The answer is to make it last longer by either giving us a real battery or making the phone more efficient.
    05-28-2018 07:34 PM
    While true, I have wireless chargers everywhere myself. What if you go hiking and take pics and video? Or to a fair and you spend hours walking around? Or even to a friends house and out to dinner? The answer should not be, turn on power saving mode (which kills google assistant), carry a portable charger, use it less, or give it a replaceable battery. The answer is to make it last longer by either giving us a real battery or making the phone more efficient.
    So your saying if you charge your phone to 100 % in the morning it wouldn't last at a hike or at a fair taking pics and videos during a day ??? The note 8 battery isn't that bad it is it ???
    05-28-2018 08:01 PM
    So your saying if you charge your phone to 100 % in the morning it wouldn't last at a hike or at a fair taking pics and videos during a day ??? The note 8 battery isn't that bad it is it ???
    If I knew it was going to be over eight hours, not a chance would I trust it. If I don't use it then no problem, but then what would be the point of having a phone like the note? I'm on my third N8 and they all have had the exact same battery life, however the april/may security updates really stabilized it and has gotten better. If I unplug my phone at 7:30, buy 1 it's at 60%. All I am doing is listening to music through a BT connection, lots of texting and a few phone calls. Occasionally maps but not very often. gaming is the only thing that really hits the battery.

Another issue is the battery seems to be scattered on how it works, some people get excellent battery life, way better than what I get, but most seem to be about where I am. I also know that many who state they get excellent battery life tend to misremember the actual stats.
    05-28-2018 08:26 PM
    Fully agree with you! 100%
    05-29-2018 01:37 AM
36 12