Really good battery life after Oreo?

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if it's only me, or if I actually see really good battery life with Oreo. I've noticed since the Oreo update, I've only needed to charge my phone at night. To put it into context, I'm a very heavy user, mobile hotspot running for a few hours to half the day at times, YouTube throughout the day, emails and multiple tread of group chat happening every moment. This thing is a powerhouse

Jrome.brooks

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if it's only me, or if I actually see really good battery life with Oreo. I've noticed since the Oreo update, I've only needed to charge my phone at night. To put it into context, I'm a very heavy user, mobile hotspot running for a few hours to half the day at times, YouTube throughout the day, emails and multiple tread of group chat happening every moment. This thing is a powerhouse
I'm noticing that also with the new security patch it's starting to be the note I want it to be

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Mine went down about 15-20% on battery life after Oreo, then after also getting the april update it stabilised and is on par with what I had before Oreo

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Yep, it's pretty decent. However I use my Note8 harder than I have ever used any of my previous phones, so I usually top up during the day anyway as I stream all day via Apple Music, have location on High Accuracy, BT always on and connected to Headset and Car when driving, Google Now always going etc wtc...

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Here's what I got a couple of days ago. This is after the Oreo update, no power-saving mode, full res display settings, both bluetooth and wi-fi turned on. As you can see, I am not a heavy user, but during this time period, I used the phone as I normally do: I took/made a few calls, medium texting, reminders, etc. This is my typical usage.

Screenshot_20180517-160410_Settings.jpg

PauloPImenta

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Mine is pretty bad. By noon is almost dead. I'm really upset so I ditch it and I'm now using my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 which lasts almost 2 days. And I'm on April update on the Note. Hope some update comes out to fix it otherwise I'll sell it .

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I haven't been paying attention to my battery life. Which means it's either really good, or that it sucks and I'm used to it. Probably the former.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been paying attention to my battery life. Which means it's either really good, or that it sucks and I'm used to it. Probably the former.

My battery life seems to be worse since the Oreo update. I use the phone exactly as I did before the update and have had several occasions where it's down to 5 or 8 % by 9 pm. Before the update I do not remember one time where I didn't make it through an entire day with 15 to 20% left.

msingh48

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
0846e484a934eb856a85492a9ef08e40.jpg

Last edited:

Jrome.brooks

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I think we as note users are going about this battery life the wrong way like what time are you guys taking the phone out the charger when you got to work or anywhere and what time do you time do you charge it when its lower than 10% because if your N8 lasted more than a work day which means more 8 hours that's good battery life

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I think we as note users are going about this battery life the wrong way like what time are you guys taking the phone out the charger when you got to work or anywhere and what time do you time do you charge it when its lower than 10% because if your N8 lasted more than a work day which means more 8 hours that's good battery life
I couldn't agree with you more. I usually leave to work around 5am and use my phone with no reception on and off till about 7pm. By than, my phone us at 20%. I would say this is great battery life for the usage. Best part. Takes 1 hour to charge to full.

chris_t

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I leave home at 7.30 am. Everything activated, NFC, BT, 4G, WiFi. I make / receive around 75-80 calls for around 1, 1.5 hours. Receive and send around 50 emails, 50 Skype messages and 10 to 20 WhatsApps. I get home at 5pm, with around 2 hours screen on time and around 8 hrs of stand by. Usually at that time I have around 10% battery left. In busier days, I have to do a short top up around 3pm. That's extremely disappointing if you ask me.

chris_t

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I don't browse the Web, check and answer to some Tapatalk forums and check FB once or twice. No music, no YouTube, no pictures.

Definitely not a business phone.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't disagree more. I paid 950 for a phone that needs to be charged after 6 hours and all i am doing is streaming Bluetooth, talking and texting during work. Over 12% an hour doing that. If I play games I can lose 40% an hour.
I'm on my third note 8, so either I have been unlucky or battery sucks. Ten hours of regular use is totally unacceptable.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I leave home at 7.30 am. Everything activated, NFC, BT, 4G, WiFi. I make / receive around 75-80 calls for around 1, 1.5 hours. Receive and send around 50 emails, 50 Skype messages and 10 to 20 WhatsApps. I get home at 5pm, with around 2 hours screen on time and around 8 hrs of stand by. Usually at that time I have around 10% battery left. In busier days, I have to do a short top up around 3pm. That's extremely disappointing if you ask me.
So your saying 9 to maybe 10 hours of heavy use is bad battery life ?? Because your a heavy user iPhone don't even last that long n one charge

chris_t

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Couldn't care less about iPhones. I look at myself spending 1k on a piece of garbage that needs a top up during the day, in order to get home with some juice.

PauloPImenta

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Couldn't care less about iPhones. I look at myself spending 1k on a piece of garbage that needs a top up during the day, in order to get home with some juice.

That's exactly my point. Most probably my last Samsung. If this costs 1k and is supposed to be a work horse, why not a larger battery with 4 or 5000mAh?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek