Note 8 vs S9+ cameras

Jrome.brooks

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
The note 8 camera is very very good camera and I was wondering is the S9 + camera that much better ?? I saw you tube videos and it doesn't seem that much better does anybody know in real world use if the S9+ camera is much better than the note 8

westham7

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
It is better and it films video 60 fps were note 8 does not I'm jumping into a s9 plus , better hardware 845 soc is more battery efficient and upload and download speeds are faster not too mention it has mimo and Qam ,so yes it's better

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
It is better and it films video 60 fps were note 8 does not I'm jumping into a s9 plus , better hardware 845 soc is more battery efficient and upload and download speeds are faster not too mention it has mimo and Qam ,so yes it's better

Yes, but the Note 9 might launch at the end of July. Will you go get the Note 9 then? I got the itch but like last year when I bought the s8 plus I went ahead and got Note 8.

I think the only way I'd purchase the s9 plus is IF the price of the Note 9 is insane like $1000. Especially if it's only a minor bump over the Note 8. Then I'd bite and get the s9 plus especially with the deals.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully, they tweak the camera software for better quality. Samsung would be insane to raise prices from the Note8 if sales are already under achieving on the S9/S9+.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully, they tweak the camera software for better quality. Samsung would be insane to raise prices from the Note8 if sales are already under achieving on the S9/S9+.
Sales are flattening for everybody. Especially, in the premium market. It's because of market saturation.

I'll probably hold off on anything new for a while. The camera on the Note 8 is still a excellent.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I had the S9+ for a couple weeks when it first came out. I returned it because I think the Note 8 camera is better.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
The Note 8 is giving me the best pictures I ever got on a mobile device. I see a lot of issues being discussed about the S9. I'm hoping it is software, and will be fixed by Note 9. However, after reading a lot about the issue, I'm not so sure it's software only.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
From what I have seen, the battery stats of the S9+ are not that much different from the Note8s.

So you are saying the Note8 has no MIMO or QAM tech?
That's strange as I am sure it was mentioned here
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ws%2Fproduct%2Fgalaxy-note8%2F&token=JgntaE1i
70c3d549f1f577aed9579894c84a113f.jpg

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Dont be fooled... I have both. The S9 Plus camera is definitely better but it is really hard to differentiate if you print both the photos and compare them...

If you compare S8 Plus against S9 Plus yes you would definitely see the difference... But Note 8 against S9 Plus is very minor if you ask me...

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Im sorry to cut you but my S9 Plus has terrible battery life... Im using the Exynos version... My Note 8(also Exynos) lasts 2 hours longer than my S9 Plus easily...

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180525-070822_Speedtest.jpg
    Screenshot_20180525-070822_Speedtest.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 64

Jrome.brooks

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Dont be fooled... I have both. The S9 Plus camera is definitely better but it is really hard to differentiate if you print both the photos and compare them...

If you compare S8 Plus against S9 Plus yes you would definitely see the difference... But Note 8 against S9 Plus is very minor if you ask me...
Ok the S9+ is better but not major leaps but I wonder why YouTubers don't use the n8 more with camera comparisons with the new one plus and other newer phones

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Ok the S9+ is better but not major leaps but I wonder why YouTubers don't use the n8 more with camera comparisons with the new one plus and other newer phones

I agree... i think that the note 8 was the most under rated phone by Youtubers who fell in love with the pixel xl... ugh.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
It's ridiculous how prices of smartphones continue to rise every year. But, pc components, with the exception of some fluctuations in market demand, continue to be the same, year after year for similarly specced components.
Is it the manufacturing process due to the screens?
Or, is it just manufacturers like Samsung and Apple just taking advantage of everyone? When I hear reports that mention "record profits", I'm tending to lean towards the latter.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
It's ridiculous how prices of smartphones continue to rise every year. But, pc components, with the exception of some fluctuations in market demand, continue to be the same, year after year for similarly specced components.
Is it the manufacturing process due to the screens?
Or, is it just manufacturers like Samsung and Apple just taking advantage of everyone? When I hear reports that mention "record profits", I'm tending to lean towards the latter.
Actually I believe that phones like Apple's and Samsung's are far past the pc industry. Technically pc is still using old dos to run anything. The architecture for cell phones has past the need for old school base programming. You actually hold more power in the hand than that crap tower or laptop has. Now if you build a 16 cpu based system you can load it down, but who does that these days. I believe that is why Apple is moving away from Intel for the future. It's sad when I can encode and create video content faster on my ipad pro than on my desktop. In my opinion I think Apple and Samsung should team up and take over as one. Steve Jobs would have cringed at that thought until you showed him the reality of users that could be gained from that move.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdvdbone88