Tried signing up for samsumg +care they didn't like my photo with a d brand skin so after removing it this is what I found. Anyone had they're replaced? Where and how bad was the damage to the old wallet?
    05-18-2018 08:45 PM
    Tried signing up for samsumg +care they didn't like my photo with a d brand skin so after removing it this is what I found. Anyone had they're replaced? Where and how bad was the damage to the old wallet?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0db2a0a5de.jpg
    I had mine repaired locally at CPR Cell Phone Repair in Dallas area. It took about 90 minutes and cost $150. They used OEM replacement back glass.
    Phone is perfect now.
    05-18-2018 08:54 PM
    Ouch .
    05-18-2018 09:05 PM
    Looks like it stopped a bullet. Note 8 saves lives.
    djrakowski, Jewels81 and Relletti like this.
    05-19-2018 06:39 PM
    That reminds me of the one guy whose HTC stopped a bullet. An M7 as I recall.

To the OP, that's a bummer. Hope everything goes well.
    05-19-2018 07:24 PM
    Every time I consider leaving my phone “naked,”I see a picture like this... ouch!

I hope it’s fixable - and if so, that it doesn’t put too big of a dent in your wallet!
    05-19-2018 08:20 PM
    It wasn't fully naked had a dbrand skin and a rhinoshield crashguard. Will see how repair goes when I get home from vacation tomorrow
    djrakowski likes this.
    05-19-2018 08:24 PM
    Lol I thought the same thing when I saw it this just hurts my heart. I swear I'm one lucky sob cause I've dropped it face down, on back and on sides. Some of the times with no case and other times with case and not a scratch. The other day I was getting a case off my note8 that was kind of hard to get off to put a different case on and when I pulled on phone my note8 flew out of my hand and the edge of phone smacked against wall and and landed face down on hard wood floor. Left a little ding in wall. I told my husband to pick my phone up and check it out cause I couldn't bare to see a cracked screen. And surprisingly not a scratch. I told my husband if I didn't have insurance that phone probably would have shattered lol
    kj11 and iSilas like this.
    05-19-2018 09:10 PM
    The back of my Note 8 was cracked not even 8 weeks after I got it & it wasnt dropped before the it was noticed. And I know this because I have 3 cases that I change out often just beacause. I was devastated but didn't want to have to use my insurance & pay that deductible so the back is still busted. I've read somewhere that these phones have cracked with flexing. Sad that this has happened so soon after purchases it & I am the one responsible for paying to fix it when I did not drop it. Still live my phone though.
    05-20-2018 10:41 AM
    I had mine repaired locally at CPR Cell Phone Repair in Dallas area. It took about 90 minutes and cost $150. They used OEM replacement back glass.
    Phone is perfect now.
    Those guys are good.
    05-21-2018 10:43 PM
    Got it repaired today at a local ubreakifix walked in with no appt phone was done in a hour and a half with oem glass for $60. Thankfully it wasn't too bad
    tsells and kj11 like this.
    05-23-2018 06:15 PM
    When either front or back glass is replaced by ubreakifix or any authorized service center, do they ensure that it retains its IP68 water resistance rating?

Got it repaired today at a local ubreakifix walked in with no appt phone was done in a hour and a half with oem glass for $60. Thankfully it wasn't too bad
    05-23-2018 09:57 PM
    When either front or back glass is replaced by ubreakifix or any authorized service center, do they ensure that it retains its IP68 water resistance rating?
    Can’t confirm 100% on that but I would assume so as they have signs everywhere in the window advertising Samsung care authorized repair center.
    05-24-2018 05:31 AM
    Shattered the bottom right corner glass on the back of my note not sure when I noticed it when I was changing cases. Only 0.5 cm sq. was the area shattered nonetheless it was broken and I was worried that I would have to pay 500$ 4 a replacement to my surprise it cost 45$ flat I dont know if he gave me a deal because I've bought 6 replacement s-pens at 55$ each .
    05-28-2018 04:16 PM