Downgrade note 8 back to Nougat?

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I think as long as the version you're downgrading to are using same bootloader version you are currently on you should be OK and no need for root, just Odin 3.13 I think it is still

Manuel Garces

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
I think as long as the version you're downgrading to are using same bootloader version you are currently on you should be OK and no need for root, just Odin 3.13 I think it is still

I have a Bell Canada version of the note 8. I downloaded the exact previous Nougat version that was on my phone prior to the update to OREO. I read somewhere in XDA that, with OREO, Samsung made a change to the bootloader that prevents you from going back and from installing out if country ROM's. I am not interested in any custom ROMS, etc. I just want to install the previous exact version of Nougat that I had. Does that mean bootloader should have stayed the same between Nougat and Oreo. How can I check? What's the worst that can happen if the reversion to Nougat fails? Thanks for your help!

Manuel Garces

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
That is not a problem with Oreo. It is a problem with the themes. The person who developed those themes needs to update them.

Nope, I have verified. It is OREO. The call UI is no longer integrated to the themes. Call button doesn't show theme when you make the call. If you noticed, they made a change to that screen with OREO.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Samsung themes from the Theme Store. Do you use themes? If you did, you should have noticed by now. Unless , the error did not apply to the version of OREO in your part of the world. That I can't speak for.
Not really. I use Microsoft Launcher. I'm not sure Samsung themes work with it.

Not all themes on the Theme Store are Samsung. Whomever wrote the theme (Samsung or 3rd party) is responsible for updating it (or them) to work with Oreo.

Manuel Garces

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Not really. I use Microsoft Launcher. I'm not sure Samsung themes work with it.

Not all themes on the Theme Store are Samsung. Whomever wrote the theme (Samsung or 3rd party) is responsible for updating it (or them) to work with Oreo.

That's a nice launcher. I used it before. It will work with whatever theme you have installed. Yes, I should have clarified that I use third party themes from the Theme Store. Sold commercially by Samsung. Samsung made themes are boring and of low sophistication. There are artists in the theme store that use the full integration and many elements of the themes show through multiple apps. The ones I am talking about are updated to work with Oreo. I have discussed this issue with some of them and with Samsung. But Samsung is on their own timetable and don't really care too mu ch about consumer opinion unless it is something major like phones catching fire. Or other bigger issues. They will fix this bug one day, maybe in a couple of years, maybe with the next release, who knows. I have seen the bug on a brand new S9 at the store. They released OREO with that bug. No surprise there. They do this all the time. Other than that. OREO is not that bad.

Manuel Garces

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Won't work. That Nougat has an older boot loader version. You need something with a "4" 5 characters from the end.

Yes, you are right it didn't work. I tried it last night. Lots of work for nothing. I am giving up now. Waiting for Samsung for fix the bug then. Thanks for your help! Appreciate it!

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
So, you want to downgrade to N and not get ANY security updates because your call UI doesn't match the theme?