05-28-2018 08:42 AM
28 12
tools
    Can I do this without root? Download latest Nougat firmware, Odin, flash away and that's it?
    05-22-2018 10:47 PM
    I think as long as the version you're downgrading to are using same bootloader version you are currently on you should be OK and no need for root, just Odin 3.13 I think it is still
    Manuel Garces and libra89 like this.
    05-23-2018 06:02 AM
    Which one save you battery life
    05-23-2018 07:49 AM
    I think as long as the version you're downgrading to are using same bootloader version you are currently on you should be OK and no need for root, just Odin 3.13 I think it is still
    Thank you! I will give it a try.
    05-23-2018 08:45 AM
    Which one save you battery life
    Both are good for battery life. For me it is about the themes. Oreo made some changes to the phone ui that don't go well with my themes.
    05-23-2018 08:46 AM
    I have a Bell Canada version of the note 8. I downloaded the exact previous Nougat version that was on my phone prior to the update to OREO. I read somewhere in XDA that, with OREO, Samsung made a change to the bootloader that prevents you from going back and from installing out if country ROM's. I am not interested in any custom ROMS, etc. I just want to install the previous exact version of Nougat that I had. Does that mean bootloader should have stayed the same between Nougat and Oreo. How can I check? What's the worst that can happen if the reversion to Nougat fails? Thanks for your help!
    05-23-2018 10:25 AM
    what build are you running now?
    05-23-2018 02:38 PM
    Both are good for battery life. For me it is about the themes. Oreo made some changes to the phone ui that don't go well with my themes.
    That is not a problem with Oreo. It is a problem with the themes. The person who developed those themes needs to update them.
    tekjunkie28 likes this.
    05-23-2018 02:40 PM
    That is not a problem with Oreo. It is a problem with the themes. The person who developed those themes needs to update them.
    Nope, I have verified. It is OREO. The call UI is no longer integrated to the themes. Call button doesn't show theme when you make the call. If you noticed, they made a change to that screen with OREO.
    05-23-2018 02:53 PM
    Attached Thumbnails Downgrade note 8 back to Nougat?-4137.jpg  
    05-23-2018 03:09 PM
    And this is the build I downloaded from SamMobile as it corresponds with what I had before installed on my phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Downgrade note 8 back to Nougat?-4139.jpg  
    05-23-2018 03:20 PM
    Nope, I have verified. It is OREO. The call UI is no longer integrated to the themes. Call button doesn't show theme when you make the call. If you noticed, they made a change to that screen with OREO.
    Are these Samsung themes or third party themes?
    05-23-2018 03:28 PM
    Are these Samsung themes or third party themes?
    Samsung themes from the Theme Store. Do you use themes? If you did, you should have noticed by now. Unless , the error did not apply to the version of OREO in your part of the world. That I can't speak for.
    05-23-2018 04:41 PM
    Samsung themes from the Theme Store. Do you use themes? If you did, you should have noticed by now. Unless , the error did not apply to the version of OREO in your part of the world. That I can't speak for.
    Not really. I use Microsoft Launcher. I'm not sure Samsung themes work with it.

Not all themes on the Theme Store are Samsung. Whomever wrote the theme (Samsung or 3rd party) is responsible for updating it (or them) to work with Oreo.
    05-23-2018 04:51 PM
    Not really. I use Microsoft Launcher. I'm not sure Samsung themes work with it.

Not all themes on the Theme Store are Samsung. Whomever wrote the theme (Samsung or 3rd party) is responsible for updating it (or them) to work with Oreo.
    That's a nice launcher. I used it before. It will work with whatever theme you have installed. Yes, I should have clarified that I use third party themes from the Theme Store. Sold commercially by Samsung. Samsung made themes are boring and of low sophistication. There are artists in the theme store that use the full integration and many elements of the themes show through multiple apps. The ones I am talking about are updated to work with Oreo. I have discussed this issue with some of them and with Samsung. But Samsung is on their own timetable and don't really care too mu ch about consumer opinion unless it is something major like phones catching fire. Or other bigger issues. They will fix this bug one day, maybe in a couple of years, maybe with the next release, who knows. I have seen the bug on a brand new S9 at the store. They released OREO with that bug. No surprise there. They do this all the time. Other than that. OREO is not that bad.
    05-23-2018 05:15 PM
    And this is the build I downloaded from SamMobile as it corresponds with what I had before installed on my phone.
    Won't work. That Nougat has an older boot loader version. You need something with a "4" 5 characters from the end.
    05-23-2018 07:58 PM
    Won't work. That Nougat has an older boot loader version. You need something with a "4" 5 characters from the end.
    Yes, you are right it didn't work. I tried it last night. Lots of work for nothing. I am giving up now. Waiting for Samsung for fix the bug then. Thanks for your help! Appreciate it!
    05-24-2018 06:48 AM
    IF I rooted my phone, could I selectively install just the call UI from Nougat and keep everything else the same (OREO)?
    05-25-2018 05:48 PM
    IF I rooted my phone, could I selectively install just the call UI from Nougat and keep everything else the same (OREO)?
    Probably not, since the dialer is part of the OS, I think.
    05-25-2018 09:06 PM
    So, you want to downgrade to N and not get ANY security updates because your call UI doesn't match the theme?
    05-25-2018 09:36 PM
    So, you want to downgrade to N and not get ANY security updates because your call UI doesn't match the theme?
    It's the theme that doesn't match the call UI. The theme developers need to update the themes.
    05-25-2018 11:24 PM
    It's the theme that doesn't match the call UI. The theme developers need to update the themes.
    Ok, thanks! That makes sense. I guess I am stuck with the call UI whether I like it or not, unless I go through the trouble of rooting and start messing around with the phone.
    05-26-2018 12:45 AM
    Something like that, yes.
    05-26-2018 12:47 AM
    Something like that, yes.
    There are plenty of themes that work with Oreo including the call interface. I fell that you just haven't searched long enough to find any worthwhile. Plenty of these are free.
    05-26-2018 03:13 AM
    There are plenty of themes that work with Oreo including the call interface. I fell that you just haven't searched long enough to find any worthwhile. Plenty of these are free.
    I wish you were right. I truly do. I am an avid theme collector. I know the theme store quite well. It is a matter of taste of course. Yes, I agree there are thousands of themes that are ok for most people. The issue is that the call UI is no longer integrated with the rest of the theme. Discerning artists in the theme store go through the trouble of theming every little element that can be themed. Most artists in the theme store and most consumers, I might add don't even notice these details, because they are happy with a generic theme , a couple of scribbles or generic colors. I am splitting hairs. This is just me. I know most consumers don't care about the details. Thanks for your comments.
    05-26-2018 02:31 PM
28 12