Best Note 8 Cases

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Ordered a Note 8 tonight from T-Mobile due to a recent sale for 720 dollars. I normally use Spigen tough armor cases. Only issue I can think is since I've been using them, Samsung has made the curved edges obviously and don't think their cases protect the screen fully. Other brands I've had in mind to use are SUPcase and UAG. Anybody have any recommendations? I like heavy duty cases with kick stands and the ability to use your own screen protector.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I tried 5 or 6 including all the Spigens and ended up with the Seidio Surface, 2 layer protection and a "tacky" feel, not slippery like others and the wireless charging works, and has a kickstand. Another feature is that the buttons are encased so dirt doesn't collect, I work in construction. Also use the Whitestone Dome with it. I tried the Encased too, dirt and dust formed in the openings around the buttons. I've dropped the phone and it's fine.

Last edited:

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
If you don't mind the extra bulk the OtterBox Defender will be your best bet for protecting the screen from drops and it has the kickstand with the belt clip. Tech 21 Evo Check is very protective while not being bulky, I've had several drops with it but no kickstand. I have the Spigen Tough Armor also and probably use it the most often because of the kickstand feature.

bhappy11

Oct 5, 2017
Visit site
I have used 3 cases now.
I have ended up with the supcase unicorn beetle one.
I loved this case on my previous phone. Love it on the note 8. Plus wireless charging still works. It is not bulky and will take some abuse.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I have used 3 cases now.
I have ended up with the supcase unicorn beetle one.
I loved this case on my previous phone. Love it on the note 8. Plus wireless charging still works. It is not bulky and will take some abuse.

I do quite like how protecting the SUPcases are. Very heavy duty. I have one for my S Tablet. My only issue is the screen protector on them. Their garbage. They get all smudged and distorted. I'd prefer to rip them out and use my own.

I'd steer clear of anything with the name spigen.

What's wrong with Spigen? I've been using Spigen cases for years and they have always been amazing. Their usually under 20 dollars and they don't wear out and become loose like Otterbox cases. Only issue I've seen is with the curved screens recently so they don't always protect the screen of the phone.

Currently, UAG has a pretty good deal for the Feather Light Rugged case for 15 dollars on amazon. Not a fan of paying 40-60 dollars for a case. I just wish it came with a kick stand. Does anybody know if this kind of case has raised edges all around?

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I like the official Samsung Heavy Duty case (for when I'm out adventuring) but it mostly sits in a Spigen Air case. it's comfortable and protects it from scratches and scuffs. I threw a pop socket I got as a gift on the back to add extra grip /kickstand and it's awesome.

if you want to split the difference I'd say Samsung Neo Hybrid

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Although I have a Samsung, a Pelican, a Skech (meh on that one), an Incipio, and two iBlasons.

My favorites are the Samsung Alcantara, and the two iBlasons. The one iBlason is a full protection (built in screen protector which I like to use while camping. The Skech was just an interim case that I used until I found something I liked.

The only downside to the iBlason full protection one is that it doesn't work with other screen protectors.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Like naturalguy, I only use Otterbox Defenders. (I've had a phone slammed into a wall screen-first. Not a mark on the phone, the screen, the case or the wall.) And I like wearing my phone on my belt.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'd steer clear of anything with the name spigen. Go for the genuine Samsung clear view standing cover.
I've been using Spigen cases for years. I have not had a single problem with any of them.

Anyway, to answer the original question, I have 3 Samsung cases (the LED Wallet Cover, the Alcantara Cover and the Rugged Protective Cover), and I also have the Spigen Rugged Armor. I use them all but probably use the Samsung Rugged the most just because it provides great protection, feels good in the hand for it's size and has a kickstand.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I also have the Spigen Rugged Armor. I use them all but probably use the Samsung Rugged the most just because it provides great protection, feels good in the hand for it's size and has a kickstand.

I'm assuming for the Note 8 that you have this? Do the sides/top/bottom of the case sit flush with the screen or are they raised up?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming for the Note 8 that you have this? Do the sides/top/bottom of the case sit flush with the screen or are they raised up?
Both the Spigen and the Samsung Rugged case are raised up at the top and bottom. There is enough lip that I don't worry about my screen if I put it face down with either case.

UKgalaxy

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Take a look at the unicorn beetle case on amazon. Had one for my N8, wasn’t bulky, offered total protection with in build screen protector and was cheap. On my 2nd one now on my iPhone X