buying a note 8 on swappa

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
So after a convention and seeing my shots my friends mind is made up and they are leaving apple.

But they want to go and buy it unlocked. Fair. So I remember hearing so much about Swappa so I'm checking it out. As I'm new to this site I was wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks to make sure I'm not getting her a bum phone. I'm used to Kijiji wheeling and dealing, where I can run it thought a few tests before handing over the money.

Thanks in advance

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
I've bought off of Swappa myself. The site goes out of its way to ensure you don't get bum phones. When you list a phone, you enter the phone's IMEI. Only devices with clean ESN's are accepted for listing. People also must be honest with regard to its condition, with pictures as proof. After a sale is made, there's a step by step checklist to ensure the buyer is happy, from confirming the buyer's address, to the tracking number. If the buyer is fully happy with their device, they then click on the button to complete the sale.

The phones on the site are listed as New/Resale, Mint, Good, and Fair. New/Resale phones are either still sealed, or opened just for verification purposes. They're never activated. Mint condition phones are obviously used, but are fully functional and like new.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've used swappa for years without issue. They do a good job of checking phones, but I won't buy from someone with less than 4-5 feedbacks and they have to be 5 star. It might eliminate a potential good deal, but I don't have time to take any chances. It's just not worth it to me. I'd rather pay a few extra bucks and know I bought from a trustworthy person.

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
awesome thanks everyone.

also anyone know if there's an issue internationally of she buys an unlocked? we're Canadian just crossing off all the concerns and supringly this question didn't come up anywhere in my search

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Swappa is great. Not only do you have PayPal protection, but the phone has to be paid off with clean esn in order to list on swappa. I would suggest not buying unlocked. Note 8 unlocked are the last to get updates and typically lose out on carrier features like wifi calling or visual voicemail

Last edited: