11-18-2018 03:36 PM
28 12
tools
    I dun dare to update to Oreo after reading everything here and in some other websites
    06-14-2018 04:04 AM
    The only thing that I noticed is that the battery life is much improved otherwise I havent noticed anything different on my note 8 at all.
    06-16-2018 09:00 AM
    I STILL haven't given in to the update and have been deferring it every day for many weeks. The weirdest thing has happened though. A couple of days ago, I didn't get the nag to update so I didn't have to defer it. It hasn't shown up since and I still have 7.1.1. Not sure why that happened but at least I don't have to keep deferring it any more.
    I finally updated to Oreo yesterday. When I checked for an update through settings-system updates, it said the service was unavailable. See the screenshots from before and after the update. Not sure what the failed update is since I kept deferring Oreo unless it was a forced attempt from Verizon. I used Smart Switch on my PC and phone to do the updates (4.7GB total size with all the security patches and everything else from the last 7 months). IMO, don't use the software update service like I tried to do unsuccessfully for a few hours. Smart Switch was super easy and worked like a charm, FYI.

Everything seems pretty good so far. Battery life seems a little less than before but I'll give it a few days to settle down before judgement on that. Performed a cache partition wipe before and after the updates.

Not sure why when checking for updates, it still says the service is unavailable and what the whole managed by your organization means since it's my personal phone and not tied to any organization other than Verizon if that's what it means. Looks like I might be doing all future updates with Smart Switch.

11-18-2018 03:36 PM
28 12