06-16-2018 08:00 AM
27 12
tools
    Can I ask, did anyone see a big difference when using the Note 8 after the Oreo update?

My Note 8 used to fly through everything, and I have so much stuff on it, but since the update it has slowed down dramatically and takes an age to open or switch between apps.

I'm so hacked off the ability to clear badge numbers has disappeared, having read the thread on here I know I'm not one.
    recDNA likes this.
    05-31-2018 04:02 AM
    I have no problems with lag and so on but I do think battery life wasn't as good after Oreo upgrade but it got better again after the April security update.
    Having paid a bit more attention to it lately, what I see as the worst culprit when it comes to battery life is the phone signal, it seems to drain a lot quicker when in a space with poor reception, seems even worse than location service
    05-31-2018 05:06 AM
    These updates are so over rated and sometimes worse yet everyone wants them so fast
    recDNA and monil like this.
    05-31-2018 06:51 AM
    No noticable difference for me for better or worse. Still fly's along like it has for the last 6 months or so.

Battery life is about the same. I don't have to push it too hard since I'm either at my desk or in the car, but I can still get through the day if I need to without charging.
    05-31-2018 09:27 AM
    Just got the may security patch so let's see if it does anything
    05-31-2018 09:57 AM
    It's good as long as you turn atuo sync off and location services unless you need it on all the time I don't
    05-31-2018 12:10 PM
    Just got the may security patch so let's see if it does anything
    I take it the May security patch is not on your unlocked Note 8?
    Nothing here yet for me.
    BB_PP likes this.
    06-01-2018 04:41 AM
    I did the in thinkable !!!!!!! I traded in my note 8 for the S9+ yesterday when I paid my cell phone bill at a T-Mobile store no money down

I'm going see what the hype is about in hand I already notice how small it is compared to the note
    06-01-2018 07:15 AM
    I take it the May security patch is not on your unlocked Note 8?
    Nothing here yet for me.
    My unlocked has it, but it created more bugs. Battery still sucks.
    06-01-2018 10:47 AM
    I've noticed after the April and May security updates my battery has gotten better. Not as good as it was on nougat but definitely better than its been since the oreo update.
    06-01-2018 12:07 PM
    Just received the May update, 643mb, pretty big.
    06-02-2018 12:53 AM
    I finally gave up today and updated to Oreo, then to April and May security. did lots of cache partition wipes, but no FR, and surprisingly everything seems about the same. no better no worse, no glitches or crashes, and don't really see any improvements or differences, with one exception. after one theme trial and restore back to default tw I was left with one lavender settings icon that would never go back to the default color. I tried various themes, had done other updates, but nothing fixed it except Oreo. so that's good.

signal's still crap, so what else is new... haven't been anywhere to test the battery for any length of time and it's easier just to keep in on my charger at home. time will tell. glad I waited to update.
    06-11-2018 07:55 PM
    I finally gave up today and updated to Oreo, then to April and May security. did lots of cache partition wipes, but no FR, and surprisingly everything seems about the same. no better no worse, no glitches or crashes, and don't really see any improvements or differences, with one exception. after one theme trial and restore back to default tw I was left with one lavender settings icon that would never go back to the default color. I tried various themes, had done other updates, but nothing fixed it except Oreo. so that's good.

signal's still crap, so what else is new... haven't been anywhere to test the battery for any length of time and it's easier just to keep in on my charger at home. time will tell. glad I waited to update.
    I STILL haven't given in to the update and have been deferring it every day for many weeks. The weirdest thing has happened though. A couple of days ago, I didn't get the nag to update so I didn't have to defer it. It hasn't shown up since and I still have 7.1.1. Not sure why that happened but at least I don't have to keep deferring it any more.
    toenail_flicker and kj11 like this.
    06-11-2018 10:29 PM
    I STILL haven't given in to the update and have been deferring it every day for many weeks. The weirdest thing has happened though. A couple of days ago, I didn't get the nag to update so I didn't have to defer it. It hasn't shown up since and I still have 7.1.1. Not sure why that happened but at least I don't have to keep deferring it any more.
    I'm eating crow today. right after I posted that I had no issues, I noticed that when I pick up my phone from my charger I now have a really annoying and bright bar of white that flashes for a second and then disappears. kicking myself for updating now...

DON'T UPDATE. stay strong. this is why I'm moving to Apple devices now, as much as I really don't want to.
    06-12-2018 08:48 AM
    just figured out what is flashing up, though no idea why... it's that stupid "tap to fill entire screen" thingy and it's bigger. does anyone know if this is a Samsung thing or a google thing or a Apex thing? I'll be testing the launchers, but I want that to stop launching when I remove from my charger. very very stupid.
    06-12-2018 09:11 AM
    just figured out what is flashing up, though no idea why... it's that stupid "tap to fill entire screen" thingy and it's bigger. does anyone know if this is a Samsung thing or a google thing or a Apex thing? I'll be testing the launchers, but I want that to stop launching when I remove from my charger. very very stupid.
    Clear your cache you'll be fine android phones in general will let you know when you have too many things going on and you have to clear some stuff out
    06-12-2018 09:17 AM
    and now I have a permanent Sprint checking OAMDM device status notification. %$$#@
    06-12-2018 09:27 AM
    Clear your cache you'll be fine android phones in general will let you know when you have too many things going on and you have to clear some stuff out
    thank you. I cleared my cache no fewer than 15 times yesterday. that will not fix it. this is brand new, both issues, after the clearing. and if it doesn't go away soon I'll go to apple now. I refuse to put up with this carp. was trying to wait for the new one coming.
    06-12-2018 09:28 AM
    thank you. I cleared my cache no fewer than 15 times yesterday. that will not fix it. this is brand new, both issues, after the clearing. and if it doesn't go away soon I'll go to apple now. I refuse to put up with this carp. was trying to wait for the new one coming.
    How did you clear the cache it two ways on doing it ,turning the power off then press power the Bixby button and the up button at the same time puts it in recovery mode then it will give you the option to clear cache you can Google it
    06-12-2018 09:45 AM
    How did you clear the cache it two ways on doing it ,turning the power off then press power the Bixby button and the up button at the same time puts it in recovery mode then it will give you the option to clear cache you can Google it
    that's what I did about 15 times through all the updates. did it again just now for giggles (ha!) and, as I knew, it fixed nothing.

this is really the last straw with sprint, google, and samsung. I am beyond over these devices. as a business person, I have zero time and patience with this bs. I will go to apple before I ever do another FR. too bad they screwed it up for me with their historically crappy updates. after nearly a decade you can stick me with a fork. I'm done.
    06-12-2018 09:48 AM
    that's what I did about 15 times through all the updates. did it again just now for giggles (ha!) and, as I knew, it fixed nothing.

this is really the last straw with sprint, google, and samsung. I am beyond over these devices. as a business person, I have zero time and patience with this bs. I will go to apple before I ever do another FR. too bad they screwed it up for me with their historically crappy updates. after nearly a decade you can stick me with a fork. I'm done.
    Sprint is a bad cell provider maybe you have a bad device but even if you do the phone cost too much to be defective that's why people buy apple products but they cost way too much for the less they can do
    06-12-2018 11:01 AM
    Note 8 since Oreo Update... running very well, no issues or problems.
    06-12-2018 11:02 AM
    Only thing I am getting are random reboots. But with the reboots I lose the connection to my SD card. To fix that issue I have to do a manual reboot & then it is fine until the next crash.
    06-12-2018 03:50 PM
    Battery is absolutely terrible now. I have maybe half the battery life I used to. My 4G and phone signal gets weak often. And now none of my notifications come through unless I pick up and move my phone. But hey, it still has a nice screen so there is that.
    06-12-2018 07:30 PM
    Sadly my battery life is much worse after the Oreo update and I've tried factory reset twice with no difference. guess it's tough luck
    06-13-2018 07:30 AM
27 12