Battery life - any tips before I factory reset?

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
My battery life isn't great. It never has been although it was much better earlier on. Now I normally have to charge when I get home from work just to survive the evening and I charge over night too. I guess 3 hours screen on is about as good as it gets. Nothing ever seems to be a big drainer in battery stats so I haven't found any obvious cause.

I saw a suggestion on a forum to go to settings, apps, then 3 dot menu then reset app preferences. I did this hoping this would help. Well today I am down to 40% with just over 1 and a half hours screen on so its actually worse! Has anyone tried this before and is it just the battery taking time to recalibrate?

Any other suggestions to try? Otherwise I will probably factory reset over the weekend

Jrome.brooks

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
You have to understand with updates and security patches it time to simmer in I would say about a week or two before you experience good battery life just use your phone and in time u are going to realize that you gonna charge your phone less and less

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
well I ended up factory resetting and the battery life is worse than ever! hopefully it will settle as I'm only a few days in but if it continues like this I guess it could be a dodgy battery as I set up as new so shouldn't be software issue