Note 8 vs. S9+ - photo quality

gnGracie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a Note 5, which I have absolutely loved. I was going to upgrade to the Note 8, but then I started reading about the S9+ having a better camera, particularly in low light settings. I love my Note and I love having the S Pen. However, I'm a photog and have 3 young grandbabies, so the camera is even more important to me than the S Pen.

The reviews I'm reading seem to put the Note 8 and S9+ on fairly equal ground in all things, except the camera. What I want to know is this - is the camera in the S9+ noticeably better than the Note 8?

Also, I've seen that I will need converters to work with my current chargers (I've purchased multiple to keep at work, in my car, around the house, etc., so I still want to use them if possible). What type of converter do I need to purchase to convert from the Note 5 charger to the Note 8 (if I get that phone)?

I'm having a tough time choosing between the two phones and appreciate your input. :)

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a Note 5, which I have absolutely loved. I was going to upgrade to the Note 8, but then I started reading about the S9+ having a better camera, particularly in low light settings. I love my Note and I love having the S Pen. However, I'm a photog and have 3 young grandbabies, so the camera is even more important to me than the S Pen.

The reviews I'm reading seem to put the Note 8 and S9+ on fairly equal ground in all things, except the camera. What I want to know is this - is the camera in the S9+ noticeably better than the Note 8?

Also, I've seen that I will need converters to work with my current chargers (I've purchased multiple to keep at work, in my car, around the house, etc., so I still want to use them if possible). What type of converter do I need to purchase to convert from the Note 5 charger to the Note 8 (if I get that phone)?

I'm having a tough time choosing between the two phones and appreciate your input. :)
At this point if I were you I would just wait for the Note9, it will have the S9+ camera and the SPen, both things that you want :) the Note9 is just 2-3months away, and should have you covered.

If you NEED to get the phone now I'd say get the Note8 as you are coming from a Note5 and want the SPen. The Note8 pretty much has most of what the S9+ has. The Note8s camera is still fantastic and will be a huge jump from your Note5 camera.

As for the Charger converters, all Samsungs come with a converter in the box, you will see it bundled next to the USB-OTG converter which is also in the box ;)

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I also agree with the above poster. More news is coming out saying an entirely upgraded camera will be feature with the Note 9 along with better battery and storage. You're only two months away from knowing. Better to wait it out.

gnGracie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Thank you Tsepz.

At this point if I were you I would just wait for the Note9, it will have the S9+ camera and the SPen, both things that you want :) the Note9 is just 2-3months away, and should have you covered.

If you NEED to get the phone now I'd say get the Note8 as you are coming from a Note5 and want the SPen. The Note8 pretty much has most of what the S9+ has. The Note8s camera is still fantastic and will be a huge jump from your Note5 camera.

As for the Charger converters, all Samsungs come with a converter in the box, you will see it bundled next to the USB-OTG converter which is also in the box ;)

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
S9P has better photo quality.but comparing Note 8 to S9P is kinda off track.it should be compared to S8P.as far as i know not many people using Note 8 changed to S9P.

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
However, I'm a photog and have 3 young grandbabies, so the camera is even more important to me than the S Pen.

and appreciate your input. :)

Well you kind of answered your own question....if you are as you say a photographer, then you know that the best camera is always the one you have with you...
The note 8 is very tough to beat in all aspects. imo
As for USB both the S9 and the S8 series are USB C and the cables are plentiful and not expensive. You can use your old charging power (wall) adapters with newer USB C cables. If you're using barrel plug adapters (cigarette lighter plug) in your car just plug in the newer type C cables, no problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis