Going for a Note 9 yes/no

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
So with the Note 9 only about 2 months away and plenty rumours/leaks going, are you considering upgrading your Note 8 and if so, what would be your main decider/s for doing so?
I'm well happy with N8 but if I for under 1k can get 512gb storage, 8gb ram, closer to 4000mah battery (maybe even faster charging) camera even better than S9+, upgraded front cam (maybe even a dual) s-pen we know will come with new stuff just not what yet.
Improved DeX experience, Bixby 2.0
Stereo speakers
What else could sway you?
Forget about the under screen fp scanner, it won't happen

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Forgot...
I would really like an s-pen with a microphone for using speech to text discretely without holding the phone mic up close and see the text being typed

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
i would wait for Note 10 instead.as so far from what Samsung has made is like big difference every 2 models...like S6 to S7 ,S8 to S9...

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I will check out the next pixel too and it'll probably between that and the note 9 for me. whilst I am a big fan of the note there are still things that Samsung do that annoy me so the pixel is worth a look. I like the s pen but I'm not an extensive user.

Telstar1948

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Not planning on it - unless my Note8 gets run over by a dump truck, then I probably will. I may decide to go with a 2-year replacement cycle so that I can get more use for my money.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Think with the price of these phones being so high, there might be Slow down of sales, the last iPhone and s9 series have shown this. These phones are the price of home computers now days and most don't upgrade those once a year.

I don't know what I'll do, the note 8 is doing fine, really no reason to update, even with the little upgrades OP listed.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
That's very true Trucker, upgrade once a year is really a WANT rather than NEED for the vast majority.
I'll get the Note 9 and sell the Note8 and the difference will be 300 give/take a little, I'm OK with that.
Here a lot of the carriers/providers only do discounts if you sign for 24 months now so it's easier/cheaper to buy/sell yourself

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I will upgrade. Having the ATT next every year plan, it wouldn't make sense not too. Unless I wait for the S10 that's rumored to come out early in the year.

Last edited:

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a wait and see attitude right now. I'm extremely happy with my Note 8 and certainly don't need to upgrade. It would be a want rather than a need. Same with the Gear S4. My S3 is great but if they integrate Bixby or Google assistant into the next watch, I'll get that too.

I feel like I'm in a good spot this year. If I choose to stick it out with the Note 8/S3 combo, I'll be just fine.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I will upgrade. Having the ATT next every year plan, it wouldn't make sense not too. Unless I wait for the S10 that's rumored to come out early in the year.

I have tmobile Jump plan (not jump on demand, mine is one a year). So I'll wait a bit after it's out, but see no reason not to. Preorder the note 8 was a pain for me, so it wasn't worth it. Won't do it again.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Doubt it. Given the leaked video posted on another forum it looks like a note 8 with a finger print scanner that's been moved a little lower to appease everyone who thought it's placement on the note 8 was the worst thing that's ever happened to them.

I stuck with the note 5 for 2 years, shouldn't be a problem to do the same with the 8

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Why on earth would I update? The Note 8 is THE finest phone I've ever used. Plus with the credits to my account, the Note 8 on Verizon will wind up costing me under $275.00 I'd be crazy to give up a deal and a great phone like the Note 8.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
it would take a lot to make me upgrade. big battery (my biggest and loudest complaint), flat screen (apps are not optimized and the s pen doesn't like it), and a non glass back (fragile fragile fragile). funny thing is those are my complaints about all the new Samsungs.

however, if the pixel 3 has wireless charging probably go with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463